• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Crossover Results are in!
7 7

129 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, Serpentor said:

The only value I see in CBCS is the access to free grader's notes.

Well they do print some pretty cool information on the label like the title/other stuff that CGC doesn't. To me the major thing is the clarity of the new CGC holder. Plus it's more secure & a bit narrower in width. If cbcs adopted something similar I'd probably wouldn't even consider a crossover. 2c

I read on a different thread that the cross-over service ends Jan. 31, 2019 (by postmark).  I don't know which thread, but I am happy to have seen the posting.  I called CGC and confirmed that the cross-over grading did indeed end with submissions postmarked yesterday.  I was able to get 9 books in the mail yesterday and will be happy to post results (I have three different level tiers of submissions - so I will receive them back in three separate groups).

I agree with @Gaard above that CBCS slabs have no blemishes, so I was not terribly excited to send those in.  The sealed inner well of some PGX books looked pretty horrible, so the crossover for those will hopefully be an upgrade (visually).  I'm just praying that the new CGC case problems will not occur for my crossover books (such as the rings or scratches).  :wishluck:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

What am I chopped livah!?! :baiting:

Joking aside - Thank you!!  Yes, it was your announcement that saved me additional fees for transitioning a few of my books to CGC slabs.  I was surprised that CGC didn't put that on their home- page "news".

I did a search of "crossover" to try and find your thread, but the search provided no results (or it took too long to produce results).

I'm such a sucker to cross-over my books only for the simple reason of being able to add them to my registry sets...

6 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Joking aside - Thank you!!  Yes, it was your announcement that saved me additional fees for transitioning a few of my books to CGC slabs.  I was surprised that CGC didn't put that on their home- page "news".

I did a search of "crossover" to try and find your thread, but the search provided no results (or it took too long to produce results).

I'm such a sucker to cross-over my books only for the simple reason of being able to add them to my registry sets...

LOL it was on the first page of the boards in comics general, but my "title" is so covoluded that it probably doesn't come up in a search very well..

When I bumped it last week is when I updated that thread to say the deadline was Jan 31st.... :foryou:

That's why I quoted you, because that's where you read it lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I seem to remeber reading that the crossover service will continue but without the extra incentives like the $10 cost if grade goes down and free pre screening. But still 50% off. I suppose I could be remembering wrong. (if this w already stated I apologize, I couldn't go back through the whole thread:S

LOL it was on the first page of the boards, but my "title" is so covoluded that it probably doesn't come up in a search very well..

When I bumped it last week is when I updated that thread to say the deadline was Jan 31st.... :foryou:

That's why I quoted you, because that's where you read it lol

How did you find out about the deadline?  I just looked at CGC's homepage news and there is no mention of a deadline in their article posted "1/30/19".  You would think they wouldn't post the article if there was only one day left to submit...

1 minute ago, BriD. said:

I seem to remeber reading that the crossover service will continue but without the extra incentives like the $10 cost if grade goes down and free pre screening. But still 50% off. I suppose I could be remembering wrong. (if this w already stated I apologize, I couldn't go back through the whole thread:S

It was in the live video they posted on Facebook 

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

How did you find out about the deadline?  I just looked at CGC's homepage news and there is no mention of a deadline in their article posted "1/30/19".  You would think they wouldn't post the article if there was only one day left to submit...

It was in cgc's email...

1 minute ago, BriD. said:

On the phone, it seemed that all discounts on a crossover would stop with submissions postmarked after 1/31/19.  I am confused.

Just now, Yorick said:

On the phone, it seemed that all discounts on a crossover would stop with submissions postmarked after 1/31/19.  I am confused.

The incentive stopped on the 31st, not the crossover being on the forms to submit to cgc 

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

The incentive stopped on the 31st, not the crossover being on the forms to submit to cgc 

So no more 40% to 50% discount on grading fees, and no more $10 off if the grade drops?

@Yorick so I assume that means the money incentives will stop, but the inspection through the slab and suggestions for press and grade drop I think is supposed to continue... double check and see if it's on cgc submit form list, I only have a free account so I don't have that option

Just now, Yorick said:

So no more 40% to 50% discount on grading fees, and no more $10 off if the grade drops?

As long as the mail is post marked the 31st you should be good (thumbsu

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Yorick so I assume that means the money incentives will stop, but the inspection through the slab and suggestions for press and grade drop I think is supposed to continue... double check and see if it's on cgc submit form list, I only have a free account so I don't have that option

As long as the mail is post marked the 31st you should be good (thumbsu

The Cross-over submission option is still on the online submission list.  It also still says there is a 50% discount.

I don't do MyFace, but maybe I can go over there and view the video.

Screen capture of submission form option (as of now):

CGC Screencap.jpg

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

The Cross-over submission option is still on the online submission list.  It also still says there is a 50% discount.

I don't do MyFace, but maybe I can go over there and view the video.

Screen capture of submission form option (as of now):

CGC Screencap.jpg

Read from the email that I just tagged you in, that is cgc's stance on it, that's all I know... it says it's an ongoing service.... it's in the other thread I tagged you

Edited by ADAMANTIUM