CGC Crossover Results are in!
7 7

129 posts in this topic

80 posts
On 11/29/2018 at 5:32 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

If CGC could come up with something for outside signatures I do not think they would have a chance

That and free grader's notes would kill all competition.  The only value I see in CBCS is the access to free grader's notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,423 posts
On 1/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, Serpentor said:

The only value I see in CBCS is the access to free grader's notes.

Well they do print some pretty cool information on the label like the title/other stuff that CGC doesn't. To me the major thing is the clarity of the new CGC holder. Plus it's more secure & a bit narrower in width. If cbcs adopted something similar I'd probably wouldn't even consider a crossover. 2c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175 posts

Golden age pg-x 3.5, to a cgc 3.0. Very happy with this result. (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123 posts

I like the fact that CBCS's slabs have very minimal (if any) blemishes ... like the rubs/scratches that are becoming common or newton rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts

I read on a different thread that the cross-over service ends Jan. 31, 2019 (by postmark).  I don't know which thread, but I am happy to have seen the posting.  I called CGC and confirmed that the cross-over grading did indeed end with submissions postmarked yesterday.  I was able to get 9 books in the mail yesterday and will be happy to post results (I have three different level tiers of submissions - so I will receive them back in three separate groups).

I agree with @Gaard above that CBCS slabs have no blemishes, so I was not terribly excited to send those in.  The sealed inner well of some PGX books looked pretty horrible, so the crossover for those will hopefully be an upgrade (visually).  I'm just praying that the new CGC case problems will not occur for my crossover books (such as the rings or scratches).  :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,949 posts
24 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I read on a different thread that the cross-over service ends Jan. 31, 2019 (by postmark).  

What am I chopped livah!?! :baiting:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts
Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

What am I chopped livah!?! :baiting:

 

Joking aside - Thank you!!  Yes, it was your announcement that saved me additional fees for transitioning a few of my books to CGC slabs.  I was surprised that CGC didn't put that on their home- page "news".

I did a search of "crossover" to try and find your thread, but the search provided no results (or it took too long to produce results).

I'm such a sucker to cross-over my books only for the simple reason of being able to add them to my registry sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,949 posts
6 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Joking aside - Thank you!!  Yes, it was your announcement that saved me additional fees for transitioning a few of my books to CGC slabs.  I was surprised that CGC didn't put that on their home- page "news".

I did a search of "crossover" to try and find your thread, but the search provided no results (or it took too long to produce results).

I'm such a sucker to cross-over my books only for the simple reason of being able to add them to my registry sets...

LOL it was on the first page of the boards in comics general, but my "title" is so covoluded that it probably doesn't come up in a search very well..

When I bumped it last week is when I updated that thread to say the deadline was Jan 31st.... :foryou:

That's why I quoted you, because that's where you read it lol

 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
412 posts

I seem to remeber reading that the crossover service will continue but without the extra incentives like the $10 cost if grade goes down and free pre screening. But still 50% off. I suppose I could be remembering wrong. (if this w already stated I apologize, I couldn't go back through the whole thread:S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts
Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

LOL it was on the first page of the boards, but my "title" is so covoluded that it probably doesn't come up in a search very well..

When I bumped it last week is when I updated that thread to say the deadline was Jan 31st.... :foryou:

That's why I quoted you, because that's where you read it lol

 

How did you find out about the deadline?  I just looked at CGC's homepage news and there is no mention of a deadline in their article posted "1/30/19".  You would think they wouldn't post the article if there was only one day left to submit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,949 posts
1 minute ago, BriD. said:

I seem to remeber reading that the crossover service will continue but without the extra incentives like the $10 cost if grade goes down and free pre screening. But still 50% off. I suppose I could be remembering wrong. (if this w already stated I apologize, I couldn't go back through the whole thread:S

It was in the live video they posted on Facebook 

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

How did you find out about the deadline?  I just looked at CGC's homepage news and there is no mention of a deadline in their article posted "1/30/19".  You would think they wouldn't post the article if there was only one day left to submit...

It was in cgc's email...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts
1 minute ago, BriD. said:

I seem to remeber reading that the crossover service will continue but without the extra incentives like the $10 cost if grade goes down and free pre screening. But still 50% off. I suppose I could be remembering wrong. (if this w already stated I apologize, I couldn't go back through the whole thread:S

On the phone, it seemed that all discounts on a crossover would stop with submissions postmarked after 1/31/19.  I am confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,949 posts
Just now, Yorick said:

On the phone, it seemed that all discounts on a crossover would stop with submissions postmarked after 1/31/19.  I am confused.

The incentive stopped on the 31st, not the crossover being on the forms to submit to cgc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts
1 minute ago, Yorick said:

On the phone, it seemed that all discounts on a crossover would stop with submissions postmarked after 1/31/19.  I am confused.

 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

The incentive stopped on the 31st, not the crossover being on the forms to submit to cgc 

So no more 40% to 50% discount on grading fees, and no more $10 off if the grade drops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,949 posts

@Yorick so I assume that means the money incentives will stop, but the inspection through the slab and suggestions for press and grade drop I think is supposed to continue... double check and see if it's on cgc submit form list, I only have a free account so I don't have that option

Just now, Yorick said:

 

So no more 40% to 50% discount on grading fees, and no more $10 off if the grade drops?

As long as the mail is post marked the 31st you should be good (thumbsu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,205 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Yorick so I assume that means the money incentives will stop, but the inspection through the slab and suggestions for press and grade drop I think is supposed to continue... double check and see if it's on cgc submit form list, I only have a free account so I don't have that option

As long as the mail is post marked the 31st you should be good (thumbsu

 

The Cross-over submission option is still on the online submission list.  It also still says there is a 50% discount.

I don't do MyFace, but maybe I can go over there and view the video.

Screen capture of submission form option (as of now):

CGC Screencap.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,949 posts
2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

The Cross-over submission option is still on the online submission list.  It also still says there is a 50% discount.

I don't do MyFace, but maybe I can go over there and view the video.

Screen capture of submission form option (as of now):

CGC Screencap.jpg

Read from the email that I just tagged you in, that is cgc's stance on it, that's all I know... it says it's an ongoing service.... it's in the other thread I tagged you

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7