• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Crossover Results are in!
7 7

129 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Alright, here it goes.  I sent in my copy of Captain America Comics 18 CBCS graded 4.0 restored to CGC for the crossover service.  The CBCS label states : Staples replaced, TOP LEFT CORNER OF BACK COVER TRIMMED, many small pieces of archival tape on interior cover & 2 on centerfold.  

I received my book back from CGC today and here it is.  There are two major differences between the CBCS grading and the CGC grading......

1B4AB504-1BE1-483D-ABAA-B172A8860D71.thumb.jpeg.c3b705997288e22b6448cdfa5e4105c8.jpeg67A9C213-49BC-4657-AD4D-EDE130772BC5.thumb.jpeg.cc399de2736424433fdc29099667e009.jpeg

I have pics of the book in the CBCS holder if anyone wants to confirm what I’ve said.  

Basically, CBCS said the book had trimming, which apparently wasn’t the case and missed that the book has tear seals.  

same reason I stop using them CBCS graders don't know how to detect restoration. one of my books was also label trimmed? I knew that was not the case. Crack open send to CGC return blue label. 

4 hours ago, kat123 said:

same reason I stop using them CBCS graders don't know how to detect restoration. one of my books was also label trimmed? I knew that was not the case. Crack open send to CGC return blue label. 

I'd rather them make the mistake on the (false restoration detection) side than have them miss real restoration. At least for the sake of crossover submissions

On 2/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Just got two back

Incredible Hulk 181 CBCS 7.5 - CGC 7.0

Fantastic Four 48 CBCS 7.0 - CGC 6.5 Restored Slight B-1
Graders notes say (Color Touch(Average Qualiy or Materials small area) Right Top Front Cover B-1
and then below it it says (small, multiple writing indent Right Top of Front Cover.
Could this just be writing marks and not Color Touch? 

Ouch!

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

They didn’t call me on this last one btw, and it got downgraded. I thought they only did not call when it was a slam dunk to keep the same grade?

It could be possible that it wasn't recorded as post dated before Jan 31st, they ended the prescreen for the crossover and some price incentives of downgrade =$10 on Jan 31st, and now just kept the crossover on the submission forms at 20% off the tier price...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It could be possible that it wasn't recorded as post dated before Jan 31st, they ended the prescreen for the crossover and some price incentives of downgrade =$10 on Jan 31st, and now just kept the crossover on the submission forms at 20% off the tier price...

Submitted well prior to deadline. I would rather have a 4.0 CGC over a 4.5 PGX anyways, but just a heads up...

40 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

They didn’t call me on this last one btw, and it got downgraded. I thought they only did not call when it was a slam dunk to keep the same grade?

What "value tier" did you submit under?

I just got the bill for two of my books sent in under the express tier.  Both were PGX.  I've been billed the full amount (rather than the $10 in the case of a grade drop), so I imagine the grades will be the same (or higher :wishluck:).

I have one book under the standard tier, and several more under the economy tier.  It'll be some time before they all come back to me, and I'll share the results when they do!

18 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

To those that did the crossover, did you have your books pressed first before getting it CGC graded or just a straight re-sub?  Would CGC email/call you if say your book can benefit from a press before being graded? 

I didn't get any pressed but the pre screen email did suggest a press for one of my books. That part of the promotion might be over though

6 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I just got the bill for two of my books sent in under the express tier.  Both were PGX.  I've been billed the full amount (rather than the $10 in the case of a grade drop), so I imagine the grades will be the same (or higher :wishluck:).

I have one book under the standard tier, and several more under the economy tier.  It'll be some time before they all come back to me, and I'll share the results when they do!

Keep an eye on it...same thing happened to me but turns out they messed up the billing. They fixed it with one email though so top notch customer service. 

1 minute ago, BriD. said:

I didn't get any pressed but the pre screen email did suggest a press for one of my books. That part of the promotion might be over though

Cool thanks!   I have one book to send through crossover services.  When doing the online form, it didn't mention about the promotion being over and still gave me a discount on the grading tier compared to a normal submission.

5 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Cool thanks!   I have one book to send through crossover services.  When doing the online form, it didn't mention about the promotion being over and still gave me a discount on the grading tier compared to a normal submission.

The "pre-screen service" and "$10 flat rate if the grade drops" are gone.  Cross-over services will continue at a discount.

1 hour ago, BriD. said:

If the books were post marked 1/31 or before they received the pre screen and $10 discount if grade went down.  They stopped that service after that date.

24 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

My five books are scheduled for grading today.

The results are standby.

BTW, did CGC return old labels back to you?  No one mentioned here.

They don't send the old labels back. I read somewhere that they mail them back to the other grading companies. Not sure if that's true.