• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ink on Interior Pages - Qualified or Lower Grade?

4 posts in this topic

Got a decent copy of Detective Comics #359, but at some point someone decided to draw on an interior page with pen. Will this get a Qualified label or just lower the grade a bit (or something else)? 

Thanks in advance. Surprised I couldn't find a direct answer to this question already.

batgirl.jpg

23 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Qualified labels are something that I'm not too well-informed on. I think that, in most cases, you can request a blue label with a potentially lower grade (which is what I would personally prefer). Hopefully someone will verify this inference.

Yeah, qualified confuses me. Seems certain that signatures on the front, clipped coupons, or missing pages nearly guarantees a green label. Not sure about writing/drawing on the interior. 

Any idea how much of a grade loss would be had with this sort of inking?

14 minutes ago, ninjarobert said:

Yeah, qualified confuses me. Seems certain that signatures on the front, clipped coupons, or missing pages nearly guarantees a green label. Not sure about writing/drawing on the interior. 

Any idea how much of a grade loss would be had with this sort of inking?

Could be pretty significant based on the amount of penmanship...