• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Big Book for Now: Adventure Comics #247 CGC 4.0 SOLD!

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. Apologies again for having to close the last thread down sooner than I would have liked. I was slammed between work and readying for my dissertation defense... I am now Dr. Deadlift! Anyway, this big book is the precursor to a different type of thread coming up starting this weekend.

I'm surprised I'm considering letting my Adventure #247 go, but it's always been a bit out of my collecting tastes. It comes from an original owner collection that my friend bought last year and I picked this up from him. It presents better structurally than a 4.0 but has two very small diagonal corner pieces missing. One is on the front cover and it on the upper right. The back cover has a small corner piece out on the upper left. Staples are firm, but the top staples has a bit of rust. Small dust shadow. Cream to off-white pages. I had this slabbed in October.

The most recent 4.0 sale was $2640 in October. 4.5 sales seem to be hovering in the $2900-3000 range. I think $2640 is a bit high for this particular copy, though it's a hard book to find.

I'm asking $2500 shipped with insurance included. I will consider partial trades of up to half of the value if they are higher grade copies (above 6.0) of less expensive silver/bronze keys, or EC horror. If you want to make an offer, feel free to PM me.

I prefer PayPal but if you have used another method with me before, just PM me and we'll discuss. No returns on slabs. Shipping is included for the U.S. only. If you're from out of country, PM me and we'll see what we can do.  Obviously, first :takeit:   trumps everything.

For this particular book, I will be donating between $100 and $150 out of what I make for the following fundraiser:

https://www.facebook.com/TPopExpo/

This is a non-profit group out of Tulsa that does various comic-related fundraisers for literacy programs in schools, and at children's hospitals. They are currently raising money for a few things, including a Big Brothers Big Sisters event to take the children to a special Red Carpet Aquaman premiere. I donated a thousand comics to them for the literacy campaign in September. They are a great group. Not only will I donate a small bit from this personal sale, but the next full thread I have will be books I'm donating to sell where 100% of the proceeds will be going to the Tulsa Pop Kids This will be coming in the next few days. So, look out for that thread. There will be a bunch of silver and bronze books up at a good price for a good cause.

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6808.jpg

IMG_6809.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

Edited by Deadlift Collectibles