• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most reliable online sites?

9 posts in this topic

With the holidays coming up, I have a few people asking where they could get me comics as a gift.  Generally,  I refer to my LCS who has always treated me fairly, but obviously back issue stock fluctuates and can be hit or miss.  What online stores are best for back issues and slabs, mainly bronze age and earlier, for the inexperienced buyer?

https://www.dacardworld.com/comic-books/

This might help, because you can search by age, ie bronze or earlier.... Dave and Adams offer's free shipping anywhere over a certain amount too ;) 

same here :foryou: 

https://www.dalerobertscomics.com/c/new-arrivals

@drotto

4 hours ago, comicquant said:

Worldwide Comics:  Great inventory, hi-res zoomable images.  The site isn't very user friendly.  One of my biggest gripes about their site is they include sold books in their searches (indefinitely).  They also don't allow offers through the site and rarely negotiate through any other means.  Very responsive via email.  Their prices on most things are great.  A lot of people consider their grading to be really good but books VF and up can sometimes be overgraded.  One of my favorite sites to visit because they're constantly adding new (and awesome) books.  Checkout process is nice and fulfillment is super fast.  

One minor note to this re Worldwide, but if it saves you aggravation, you can eliminate sold books from the results by checking off the "For Sale Only" in the advanced search page. 

WWsearch.thumb.jpg.802fcd34b8d872e60e41abecd120511f.jpg

The Reece family has one of my favourite selling sites and they are awesome to work with. Alex is here on the boards (I wish I knew how to tag him) and he has always been extremely responsive, professional and kind in each and every communication we had. They work with you on pricing, shipping and any other condition of the sale. They add stock all the time and the "make an offer" option and check-out process work without a single flaw. 

https://reececomics.com

Just thought I would throw this out there.

If you are happy with the service you receive at your LCS and want to stay with and support a local business...

Long before the internet some LCS's used to offer a "Search Service".

You filled out a card with the title, issue number, grade/price range and they reached out through their network to find you the book and when they found it they contacted you, my experience with this was very good, it usually happened much quicker (days to a couple of weeks) than putting books on a "want list" online.

I had friends/family that used this service to get me the books on my Christmas list, I would just tell them what LCS's to visit.

It has been 25 years since I have had an LCS find a book for me so I do not even know if any still do that with online buying making everything available and right at your fingertips.

(Note: This was also in the days when comic cons were actually about the comics. :cloud9:)

Hope you get the books you are looking for!!!  :wishluck: