• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comklink fee charge to buyer?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,  new to the boards.  I recently won an aution on comiclink.  Surprisingly, during checkout, i am currently being charged the 3% sales fee.  Not sure if this is common.  I have been use to paying a “stupid tax” for not reading fine print, just want to make sure its my bad again and not something i should content.  Its a whipper of a buy, so 3% is 500 bones.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, Scott51515 said:

Hey guys,  new to the boards.  I recently won an aution on comiclink.  Surprisingly, during checkout, i am currently being charged the 3% sales fee.  Not sure if this is common.  I have been use to paying a “stupid tax” for not reading fine print, just want to make sure its my bad again and not something i should content.  Its a whipper of a buy, so 3% is 500 bones.

Soooooooooooooo...... what did ya buy? 

7 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

Something around $16.5k :)

I saw that too when I punched the numbers in.  I think it was the AF15 at 3.0 which sold for $17,250.  The fee would have been $517.50 on that. 

If so, congrats and welcome to the club. 

Edited by Buzzetta

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1af.thumb.jpg.696cd45f475e9f51dd9004b5c3c899f2.jpg

Or... I could have just done that instead of wasting a few minutes going over CLink results. 

doh!  I should have realized there was an easier way. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, Scott51515 said:

You can write a check and not pay anything additional to your purchase price.

Thanks guys.  I did pick up the af15.  I called CL today and they were surprisingly helpful.  Cool too.  As for being new to the boards, this is a great resource.  I tend to do a fair amount of research,  but pulled the trigger quickly on this one,  just making sure I didn’t make a mistake.....although this ones going on the wall forever....  can’t wait to converse more on next purchase.....kinda want a batman 227.  I’ve not been accustom to dc in my humble collection.