• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA February Auction
6 6

569 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/john-buscema-attributed-ms-marvel-4-cover-original-art-marvel-1977-/p/7204-60006.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Ms Marvel #4 cover attributed to John Buscema on HA. It looks more like John Romita Sr. What do others think?

Ms._Marvel_Vol_1_4.jpg

Buscema all the way, with the possible exception of Romita touchup on Ms Marvels face, but even that is dubious.  IMHO.

Edited by stinkininkin

On 12/1/2018 at 11:12 AM, Panelfan1 said:

at this point - my favorite thing about it is the movie poster by Amsel. Not that I could afford it - but that would be a grail piece in my mind.

Amsel was crazy talented.   Shame he died so young.

Re:  the Frazetta cover art...

"The board has been affixed to a larger illustration board with a recreation of the header/logo added to the top."

While it is just a sidebar in the description, and this is a unique classic example, here is a case of restoration which will be interesting to follow.  David

Edited by aokartman
edit

1 minute ago, aokartman said:

"The board has been affixed to a larger illustration board with a recreation of the header/logo added to the top."

While it is just a sidebar in the description, and this is a unique classic example, here is a case of restoration which will be interesting to follow.  David

I don't know to make of this. The whiteout (or whatever they used back then) suggested to me something of the period done during the production process. Same with the mounting on another board. Curious how others read this.

4 minutes ago, cstojano said:

I don't know to make of this. The whiteout (or whatever they used back then) suggested to me something of the period done during the production process. Same with the mounting on another board. Curious how others read this.

Agreed, without handling the actual piece, it is not possible to fine tune an opinion about the trade dress.  Mounting would have been done later?  Since HA has given a heads up, the bidders should check it out in person, if possible.  Amazing historic piece.  Just thinking, David

2 hours ago, aokartman said:

Re:  the Frazetta cover art...

I could not care less about restoration to a header/logo.

But I hope it's a deal breaker for other collectors.