• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA February Auction
6 6

569 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Famous Funnies... Does this mean there's a guarantee buyer at $400K? Or is this just a made up number and there will be best offer negotiations after the auction?

You mean because the reserve got triggered?  I think it means money of some sort will exchange hands at that price, but my hunch -- given that it got triggered just now, which is a very weird time, strategically -- is that everyone will be happy if this causes someone to bid higher. 

3 hours ago, glendgold said:

You mean because the reserve got triggered?  I think it means money of some sort will exchange hands at that price, but my hunch -- given that it got triggered just now, which is a very weird time, strategically -- is that everyone will be happy if this causes someone to bid higher. 

It hadn't been triggered yet when I posted. I was just wondering aloud if that was the agreed upon starting point based on some guarantor that had been found or just the consignor's reserve. Are we into GuaranteeLand yet in this fine hobby of ours?

Just now, delekkerste said:

$228K for the Ditko ST splash.

And the rest of the pages are following along strong....even with little Dr. Strange on them. 

$66k, $78k, $66k so far

Mr. Frazetta showed well. Looks like one heritage live bidder against the book. Heritage live bidder took it. 

$552,000

Just now, glendgold said:

One bidder got all of it.

Wow, he didn't get hurt too much I don't think. I didn't see any giant premiums being paid. Healthy numbers but not crazy,  explains the symmetry a bit in the bidding. They got pushed on a couple of panel pages but pretty consistent overall . 

I always enjoy these big auctions. 2.7 million dollars on 50 lots! A very bullish indicator for the hobby.

That said, I can't help but notice that a lot of the 70s stuff under preformed compared to expectations (DD #157, Ms. M #4, AV #105, FF #154). Are the collectors in their mid 50s tapping out now?