• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MrBedrock's Thread of Bombast - chock full of Hyperbole, Exaggeration, and the greatest funnybooks ever offered on the boards!
6 6

199 posts in this topic

Heroic Comics #17 - fine very fine (7.0) cr/ow - $150

I truly think these mid number Heroics are overlooked gems. While they have started going the biographic hero route with two or three four-page true life stories, each issue through #29 was still crammed with a full line-up of original superheroes - Hydroman, Man O'Metal, Music Master and Rainbow Boy.

heroic17.jpg

Rocket Kelly #5 - very fine minus (7.5) ow/white - $NA

A space ship with a rope ladder.

rocketkelly5.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

Hollywood Diary #2 - fine plus (6.5) cr/ow - $100 SOLD!

hollywooddiary2.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

Hollywood Diary #3 - very fine near mint (9.0) ow - $275 SOLD!

Deslabbed and now raw, the CGC label is included. As this was the only copy on the census it was simultaneously the highest and lowest graded copy. Now there are none and the new owner can gloat about purchasing a true rarity for under $300.

hollywooddiary3.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

The Kellys #25 - very fine near mint (9.0) white - $NA

Would far and away be highest graded if graded, but it isn't graded so it isn't yet the highest graded. But if it were...

kellys25.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

Due to the overwhelming and historic response to this sales thread I will be holding off listing any more items. Obviously I have drastically undervalued the material listed to date. I will allow those books already posted to remain available through tomorrow evening at 6:00pm. Thank you all for you time!

7 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Hollywood Diary #3 - very fine near mint (9.0) ow - $275

Deslabbed and now raw, the CGC label is included. As this was the only copy on the census it was simultaneously the highest and lowest graded copy. Now there are none and the new owner can gloat about purchasing a true rarity for under $300.

:takeit:

I would gloat, but there is no emoji for that.

9 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

:takeit:

I would gloat, but there is no emoji for that.

Thank you so much, R. I know this one is going to a good home!

On 12/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, MrBedrock said:

Sparkie #2 - very fine minus (7.5) cr/ow - $225

Is this the first time that a high grade copy of Sparkie, America's Favorite Radio Pixie, has ever been offered for sale? There are no reported sales on GPA. If graded this would definitely top the census as only one other copy has been submitted, a 7.0. So good that I have included a back cover scan...

sparkie2.jpg

sparkie2bc.jpg

Not too many date stamps like that.

This thread has been HUGE. BEST EVER! A complete SELL OUT! STUPENDOUS and MONUMENTAL! No other sales thread before or in the future will ever compare.

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

This thread has been HUGE. BEST EVER! A complete SELL OUT! STUPENDOUS and MONUMENTAL! No other sales thread before or in the future will ever compare.

Quoted so that one day when I have absolutely nothing to do, I can embroider a banner with this slogan and send it to you so that you can hang it up in your store;);)

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Quoted so that one day when I have absolutely nothing to do, I can embroider a banner with this slogan and send it to you so that you can hang it up in your store;);)

Can you make me a sandwich too?

:cloud9:

Edited by MrBedrock

24 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Pfft. You've never seen my sales threads. 

Assuming sell out means zero sales. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

You've never seen my sales threads. 

Assuming sell out means zero sales. 

I have seen them. You need to price your stuff 2c higher.

44 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

If ham is OK with you, sure;) 

You can read my mind!!! Might need alot of cheese, too.

Edited by MrBedrock