• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VirtualComicCon (VCC) XLI - THIS WEEKEND 12/1 - 12/2
1 1

6 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2018 at 1:36 PM, Tony Squawk said:

When's the next one?

Dates are still being determined.

You can sign-up for PM reminders if you like by commenting on the thread linked below

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/432503-sign-up-for-virtualcomiccon-vcc-reminders-via-pm-personal-message/

9 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
On 12/1/2018 at 8:56 AM, DeadOne said:

VCC December 2018.jpg

Stop by the Convention Hall beginning at 10am EST and check out the final VCC of 2018

LINK TO CONVENTION HALL

LINK TO THE INDEX OF SELLERS

I totally missed this . I'm pretty active on the Boards and I saw nothing. (shrug)

(shrug)

It must be like two ships passing silently in the night, neither aware of the other. I had it posted everywhere I could think of:

Golden Age   Silver Age   Bronze Age   Copper Age   Modern Age   Magazine Announcement Thread   Comic Events   Calendar   Comics Market - Sales Advertising   Comics General   and   The Water Cooler

The only place I skipped this time around was the OA section and the only reason I did that is because I was told, "People who only visit the OA section of the chat boards probably aren't looking to buy comics".

I also had fully updated FaceBook and Twitter as well as a plethora of emails for those who signed up to receive VCC Notifications via Email or who had signed up to receive VCC Notifications via PM

And that doesn't count the 10+ threads in the VCC Convention Hall that were active and updated throughout the weekend.

It's a lot of work to do all that stuff listed above. I'd like to think that if someone doesn't know about the VCC, refuses to take note for upcoming events when they do run across reminders throughout the year, and makes a conscious choice to NOT take advantage of the reminders that have been set up to make such things easier that it's their problem not an exposure problem.
To hear that a "pretty active" board member doesn't see any of it is disheartening to say the least.

7 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

(shrug)

It must be like two ships passing silently in the night, neither aware of the other. I had it posted everywhere I could think of:

Golden Age   Silver Age   Bronze Age   Copper Age   Modern Age   Magazine Announcement Thread   Comic Events   Calendar   Comics Market - Sales Advertising   Comics General   and   The Water Cooler

The only place I skipped this time around was the OA section and the only reason I did that is because I was told, "People who only visit the OA section of the chat boards probably aren't looking to buy comics".

I also had fully updated FaceBook and Twitter as well as a plethora of emails for those who signed up to receive VCC Notifications via Email or who had signed up to receive VCC Notifications via PM

And that doesn't count the 10+ threads in the VCC Convention Hall that were active and updated throughout the weekend.

It's a lot of work to do all that stuff listed above. I'd like to think that if someone doesn't know about the VCC, refuses to take note for upcoming events when they do run across reminders throughout the year, and makes a conscious choice to NOT take advantage of the reminders that have been set up to make such things easier that it's their problem not an exposure problem.
To hear that a "pretty active" board member doesn't see any of it is disheartening to say the least.

I acknowledge it's my Bad for not signing up for notifications. I also acknowledge you put in a lot of effort to keep the VCC going. Years ago, it was a big event, people would talk about it, the sellers themselves would put out notifications. I didn't see any discussion amongst Boardies.

To further expound on my lack of discussion point, take a look at this thread. You posted a notice, no one replied until Tuesday. Years ago there would be replies, discussion,  stuff to keep the thread active. Notice Dr.X's annual Christmas Package thread. It's always at the top with lots of banter and discussion. I really hate to say this but it appears people just don't get excited, maybe even don't care, about the VCC. Sad.