• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So What's Selling?
1 1

56 posts in this topic

I haven't been following comics much in the last couple years and was wondering what's selling and what's not currently.  The last time I was in a comics store was this past March when I had to drive to Miami for a funeral.  Visited Past, Present, and Future Cmics in Pembroke Pines and bought a couple older comics.  Really nice store with a great selection.  Also stopped by Tates Comics.  Not the greatest of selection but man do they have some cool stuff there for any collector.  Anyway, was trying to get a feel on where the market is now.  Is Atlas Horror still selling for example?  I primarily buy Silver and Bronze Age comics, when I do buy, and want to query some of you on what's the current market looks like.

Thanks,

Jim

Here's a couple of good links for a quick (superficial) sense of what's up (I kid you not).

https://www.ebay.com/csc/Silver-Age-1956-69/73/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_dmd=1&_dcat=73&Publisher=Marvel|!&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=16

https://www.ebay.com/b/Bronze-Age-Comics-1970-1983/12590/bn_2311531?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Sold=1&_sop=16

https://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/index.php?age=63&view=market&graded=0&variant=0&popular=0&lot=0

Getting a fuller picture of the current market info will take a fair bit of time.  Heck, my latest break was just a few months since August, and I already feel out of date on the current picture (are PCH still through-the-roof? movie-related keys-driven Marvel & DC silver and bronze still fueled by speculation?, probably yes to both, judging from the first response to your OP).

Edited by grebal
maybe ya gotta be logged into ebay and probably my ebay search settings will be lost, so use the lyria one

2 minutes ago, grebal said:

Here's a couple of good links for a quick (superficial) sense of what's up (I kid you not).

https://www.ebay.com/csc/Silver-Age-1956-69/73/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_dmd=1&_dcat=73&Publisher=Marvel|!&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=16

https://www.ebay.com/b/Bronze-Age-Comics-1970-1983/12590/bn_2311531?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Sold=1&_sop=16

https://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/index.php?age=63&view=market&graded=0&variant=0&popular=0&lot=0

Getting a fuller picture of the current market info will take a fair bit of time.  Heck, my latest break was just a few months since August, and I already feel out of date on the current picture (are PCH still through-the-roof? movie-related keys-driven Marvel & DC silver and bronze still fueled by speculation?, probably yes to both, judging from the first response to your OP).

PCH keeps rising but I hope it levels off.  I feel it remains one of the undervalued segments in comic collecting.  Some books are scarily out of control (ahem, IH181 --> :screwy:).  IH181, AF15 and many other SA/BA keys have proven the weight of "scarcity" is low in the value of a book.

1 minute ago, comicquant said:

PCH keeps rising but I hope it levels off.  I feel it remains one of the undervalued segments in comic collecting.  Some books are scarily out of control (ahem, IH181 --> :screwy:).  IH181, AF15 and many other SA/BA keys have proven the weight of "scarcity" is low in the value of a book.

Yeah bud, I think that's a perennial truth in comics' collecting supply and demand, the demand side is the more significant driver.

Thank you!

Variants are hot right now.  At least the people that own one will tell you.  They will also tell you how much it is worth on a regular basis.  Some start their own threads on them.  They will also chart ebay sales or supposed sales and tell you how much they sold for, and remind you they have one.  Buy as many variants as you can, the next millionaire could be you. 

** DISCLAIMER- That last sentence was said as a joke.

Edited by Mercury Man

The number of breakout Bronze Age books surprises me.  It seems that every year a handful or more of issues that spent years being considered just another part of the run increase sharply in interest and price, owing to a villain or hero becoming popularized on the Big Screen, Netflix or the like, or part of a major modern story arc. The hobby spent over 30 years thinking very little about the Silver Samurai, Linda Carter, Killmonger, Barbara Norriss or Carol Danvers, and then BOOM goes the dynamite.

Edited by namisgr

28 minutes ago, awe4one said:

PCH?  What is that?

Jim

Precode horror is hot along with classic covers in all books. All things come in cycles along with comics.stocks,real estate you name it all have ups and downs.

5 hours ago, awe4one said:

I haven't been following comics much in the last couple years and was wondering what's selling and what's not currently.  The last time I was in a comics store was this past March when I had to drive to Miami for a funeral.  Visited Past, Present, and Future Cmics in Pembroke Pines and bought a couple older comics.  Really nice store with a great selection.  Also stopped by Tates Comics.  Not the greatest of selection but man do they have some cool stuff there for any collector.  Anyway, was trying to get a feel on where the market is now.  Is Atlas Horror still selling for example?  I primarily buy Silver and Bronze Age comics, when I do buy, and want to query some of you on what's the current market looks like.

Thanks,

Jim

Short answer?

1) Any first appearances.
2) Sweet covers.
3) Pre-Code horror.
4) *Name* artists (there are many here).

11 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Short answer?

1) Any first appearances.
2) Sweet covers.
3) Pre-Code horror.
4) *Name* artists (there are many here).

Hey, Donut!  Are you still doing regular eBay listings and if so, what is your name over there?