• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing tonight! Reopened OO late 10 cent DCs DEEP DISCOUNTS on raw, plus NEW CGC copies! Recap Pg 1, new books pg 15! HOS #92 CGC
3 3

351 posts in this topic

Jimmy Olsen #50 VF--  -- asking $35 + shipping SOLD :news:

Weird book to grade. It is beautiful, and I originally thought VF/NM, but it has a tiny spine split that is about 1/4" high in the center of the spine, and a tiny chip out of the bottom edge of the front cover. One minor bend on the back cover, with a bit of distributor ink. Beautiful copy for the money.

JimmyOlsen50.jpg

JimmyOlsen50bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Jimmy Olsen #51 VF or so -- asking $35 + shipping SOLD :news:

Another beauty. Obvious distributor ink and top and bottom of book. Book was bound on a bit of an angle, hence the pages showing at the bottom right of the front cover (its not a trim). A couple of tiny (like 1 mm) tears at the top edge at the distributor ink. Great pages.

JimmyOlsen51.jpg

JimmyOlsen51bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

On 12/2/2018 at 4:35 PM, mysterio said:

Ok, one more before I get to the 10 centers in a bit...

House of Mystery #143 G -- asking $15 + shipping

Solid and complete, but obvious wear. Cover is attached at both staples, centerfold attached at top only. 1/2" split at top of spine. No major issues like tape or staining, just a solid but worn copy.

HOM143.jpg

Take at 15% off  :takeit:

59 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

On 12/2/2018 at 4:35 PM, mysterio said:

Ok, one more before I get to the 10 centers in a bit...

House of Mystery #143 G -- asking $15 + shipping

Solid and complete, but obvious wear. Cover is attached at both staples, centerfold attached at top only. 1/2" split at top of spine. No major issues like tape or staining, just a solid but worn copy.

HOM143.jpg

Take at 15% off  :takeit:

^^

Ok, I think I am caught up on thread housekeeping...

Jimmy Olsen #52 Fine -- asking $19 + shipping SOLD :news:

Looks better, but in addition to the light edge wear there is a short tear on the right edge of the front cover and a small (1/8") hole in the spine at the lower edge of Jimmy's word balloon that I didn't notice until I opened the front cover. Looks more like VF at a glance.

JimmyOlsen52.jpg

JimmyOlsen52bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Jimmy Olsen #53 VF-  -- asking $35 + shipping SOLD

Really pretty with only light wear, minor chip in bottom edge of front cover. Typical beautiful page quality and distributor ink to edges for this collection.

JimmyOlsen53.jpg

JimmyOlsen53bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Jimmy Olsen #54 VG/F -- asking $15 + shipping

Looks more like VF-, but has a few defects that are not obvious. Aside from the light edge wear and short crease in the lower right corner, there is also a 1/8" tear in the spine and the cover is partially detached from the lower staple (detached in front, hanging on in back). Cover is firmly attached at the upper staple and the cf is well attached. Beautiful page quality.

JimmyOlsen54.jpg

JimmyOlsen54bc.jpg

Last Jimmy...

Jimmy Olsen #55 F/F-  -- asking $18 + shipping SOLD :news:

Another pretty book derailed by some minor flaws. Tiny split in spine at lower hole of upper staple, 1/4" tear at bottom of back cover, top of back cover is a touch chippy. Pages are beautiful.

JimmyOlsen55.jpg

JimmyOlsen55bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Lois Lane #17 VG -- asking $32 + shipping SOLD

Solid copy with great color, gloss, and outstanding paper. Wear along spine, signs of light moisture to upper right front cover (waviness may press out if you're into that sort of thing, but there are light spots in the gloss too). No staining to cover, even inside, that I can see and no pages affected. Cover is attached at both staples, but slightly less so at top. Centerfold tight at both.

LoisLane17.jpg

LoisLane17bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

23 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Lois Lane #17 VG -- asking $32 + shipping

Solid copy with great color, gloss, and outstanding paper. Wear along spine, signs of light moisture to upper right front cover (waviness may press out if you're into that sort of thing, but there are light spots in the gloss too). No staining to cover, even inside, that I can see and no pages affected. Cover is attached at both staples, but slightly less so at top. Centerfold tight at both.

LoisLane17.jpg

How can they draw blood from Superman if his skin is impenetrable? Did they have a needle made from part of the spaceship that brought him as an infant from Krypton??  hm

25 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Lois Lane #17 VG -- asking $32 + shipping

LoisLane17.jpg

LoisLane17bc.jpg

:takeit:

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

Jimmy Olsen #53 VF-  -- asking $35 + shipping

Really pretty with only light wear, minor chip in bottom edge of front cover. Typical beautiful page quality and distributor ink to edges for this collection.

JimmyOlsen53.jpg

JimmyOlsen53bc.jpg

:takeit: