• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing tonight! Reopened OO late 10 cent DCs DEEP DISCOUNTS on raw, plus NEW CGC copies! Recap Pg 1, new books pg 15! HOS #92 CGC
3 3

351 posts in this topic

Quite seriously considering submitting a few of these nice Sci-Fi books to CGC in our next sub...

Mystery in Space #69 VF- -- asking $115 + shipping SOLD :news:

At a glance it is as nice as the #68, but has pressable defects that keep it out of that stratosphere (for now).

MysterySpace69.jpg

MysterySpace69bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

House of Secrets #32 about F/VF -- asking $65 + shipping SOLD :news:

Great color and gloss, and really structurally solid. Just light wear, two very minor chips to left edge of back cover.

HOS32.jpg

HOS32bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

House of Secrets #34 VG- -- asking $15 + shipping SOLD :news:

This book is a bit more worn than the others, but still structurally solid and everything is attached. Great color and glossy.

HOS34.jpg

HOS34bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Last Detolf is built. :grin: I had bought three of them to set up the new office alongside one I already had. It will be fun to move stuff into them as soon as I can get one more piece in place...

House of Secrets #35 Fine- -- asking $35 + shipping

Structurally nice, but light wear along spine and a short tear to right edge. Everything is firmly attached, great color and gloss. Nice page quality too (most of these are quite fresh actually).

HOS35.jpg

HOS35bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

House of Secrets #39 VF/VF+ -- asking $120 + shipping SOLD :news:

Upper right corner of the front cover is just about all the wear on this book. Great color and gloss, very fresh.

HOS39.jpg

HOS39bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

House of Secrets #46 Fineish -- asking $35 + shipping

Looks more like a solid VF, but a spot in the gloss at the lower left corner of the 10 cent box. Doesn't show up on the inside front cover. Some distributor ink spots on the back cover.

HOS46.jpg

HOS46bc.jpg

And now for a few HOS from a different collection that are worth adding to the thread:

House of Secrets #122 VF/VF+ -- asking $9 + shipping SOLD :news:

Light spine wear, otherwise flat and tight.

HOS122.jpg

HOS122bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

House of Mystery #193 VG -- asking $9 + shipping

Looks better, but a crease on the upper right corner of the front cover (across the body's feet) and a moisture ripple in the upper left corner. There is no staining associated with that ripple that I could see but it affects the gloss so it is unlikely to be fixable with a press. Great looking copy for the price.

HOM193.jpg

HOM193bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio
Replaced "be back later" note

Ok, one more before I get to the 10 centers in a bit...

House of Mystery #143 G -- asking $15 + shipping SOLD :news:

Solid and complete, but obvious wear. Cover is attached at both staples, centerfold attached at top only. 1/2" split at top of spine. No major issues like tape or staining, just a solid but worn copy.

HOM143.jpg

HOM143bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio