• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing tonight! Reopened OO late 10 cent DCs DEEP DISCOUNTS on raw, plus NEW CGC copies! Recap Pg 1, new books pg 15! HOS #92 CGC
3 3

351 posts in this topic

Time for another oddball:

Giant Size Creatures #1 F/F+ -- asking $25 + shipping

Structurally a very solid copy. Squarebound spine looks pretty good too. Bumped corners. Worst of it is probably the light staining to the back cover. This does not show up inside, and the scan makes it look worse than it does in hand (at least in the lighting of my man cave).

GSCreatures.jpg

GSCreaturesbc.jpg

And another...

1. Fantastic Four Annual #6 about G/G+/VG- -- asking $45 + shipping SOLD :news:

Prices seem to be all over the map on this, and it is still a pretty hot book. I may not mind keeping it. Anyway, the photos tell the story. Clean 3/4" spine split up top, but otherwise the spine is actually in pretty good shape. Stains on the back cover don't penetrate any further than the last ad page, and do not affect the story. Originally purchased here on the boards a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the source.

FFAnn06.jpg

FFAnn06bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Be back with more later, including a new batch of 10 cent Batman and Detective from the same collection that I have to scan first...

Green Lantern #10 VG -- asking $55 + shipping (below OSPG VG) SOLD :news:

Looks better in the mylar, but a 3/4" tear to bottom edge of back cover and an inconspicuous 1" spine split dead center on the spine. Both staples are well attached to the cover and centerfold. Copy presents more like a 7.0.

GL10.jpg

GL10bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Hawkman #2 VG/VG+ -- asking $49 + shipping

Another book that looks 7.0 but for one defect, in this case a small piece out at the spine on the back cover below the top staple. The staple is well attached and unaffected, and the cover and cf are well attached at both staples. Great looking book for the price. FYI, nice copies of the Hawkman appearances in B&B will be coming up!

Hawkman02.jpg

Hawkman02bc.jpg

Wonder Woman #97 Good -- asking $90 + shipping

Cover cleanly detatched, but pages are very nice and centerfold is tightly attached at both staples. 1.5" spine split at bottom, but front and back covers are firmly joined together. Another solid copy for the grade.

WW97.jpg

WW97bc.jpg

Wonder Woman #126 VG- -- asking $40 + shipping

Light general wear, and some dust shadows and moisture staining to back cover. Pages are still supple and story is unaffected. Cover and cf are attached at both staples.

WW126.jpg

WW126bc.jpg

My wife and I have a dinner to attend tonight, so I am not sure if I will be able to post more tonight. I will try. Here is an oddball to leave you with until then:

Little Archie in Animal Land #1 (1957 edition) Good -- asking $19 + shipping

Low grade but solid, everything is well attached. Not a very common book in my experience.

LittleArchie.jpg

LittleArchiebc.jpg

Brave and the Bold #30 G -- asking $155 + shipping (below OSPG)

3rd Justice League. Cover and centerfold firmly attached at both staples. General wear apparent in scans. Most notable defect is the hole punch in the center of the front cover, which extends through the first five pages but does not affect readability in any panels. Continuing through book is a sort of puncture (can be seen on back cover scan). Again, this does not affect readability but is worth noting. Still a presentable low grade copy.

BB30.jpg

BB30bc.jpg

Brave and the Bold #32 VF- -- asking $160 + shipping

Very solid copy with only light wear. Only notable defect is a stain of what looks like distributor in on the inside top front cover (pictured below). This does not affect any pages and is not visible from the outside.

BB32.jpg

BB32bc.jpg

IMG_0315.JPG

Brave and the Bold #34 G-/G -- asking $99 + shipping SOLD :news:

Classic beat but complete. Cover is attached at top staple, centerfold attached at both. Hole punch in upper spine corner does not affect readability. Complete and affordable copy.

BB34.jpg

BB34bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Slower day for posting than I had hoped, but I should get a few more listed today...

Brave and the Bold #35 VF-  -- asking $260 + shipping No longer available

Beautiful book, lower right corner of the front cover is about it for wear.

BB35.jpg

BB35bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Adventure Comics #272 Fine -- asking $58 + shipping

Looks nicer, but in addition to the spine wear there are some tiny tears to the edge of the back cover, plus one 1/2" tear to the left edge of the back cover with some minor bending associated with that. Great color and gloss, so plenty of eye appeal for the grade.

Adventure272.jpg

Adventure272bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio