• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do slabs mute whiteness?

6 posts in this topic

Just got this book. It has white pages.  I know that doesn't necessarily mean that the cover is bright white, but usually there is a relationship there. Seller pictures of the book gave the impression that the "Conan" text on the front of the cover was fairly bright white compared to others that the seller had for sale.  Yet it still doesn't seem that bright.  Is the slab dampening the whiteness?  Is this the best I can expect?  

Interesting...once I attach the pictures they look fairly bright white. I'm wondering if my eye is picking up on colors that the photographs cannot?

IMG_7483.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

There can also be some micro-chamber paper flow-through into the image that makes covers look spoiled as well.

You never can tell unless you crack the book out.

However, plenty of books with crappy, worn covers receive a "white pages" designation, specifically, Savannahs, and their covers are indeed ruined, despite the nice PQ.