• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Las Vegas Toy Con
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Ya, I have some transformer books I want to get signed too. I would just keep bugging Celestial Comics to see if they would go since they are in Las Vegas.  Last time I asked them if they were going they just told me they hadn't done their schedule for 2019 yet.

I talked to them about another convention a few months ago and they told me that they need a minimum of 50 books to go to a convention.  I'm hoping that if they don't meet the minimum they can just send someone to the convention to get signatures and just not get a booth since they are local.  They are a comics and toys store in Las Vegas so I'm not sure why they wouldn't go. o.O

Edited by Antyreal

On 12/20/2018 at 3:00 PM, Antyreal said:

I talked to them about another convention a few months ago and they told me that they need a minimum of 50 books to go to a convention.  I'm hoping that if they don't meet the minimum they can just send someone to the convention to get signatures and just not get a booth since they are local.  They are a comics and toys store in Las Vegas so I'm not sure why they wouldn't go. o.O

Maybe some other notes to add to the discussion.

• There's no need to buy a booth.
  • All we need is a facilitator for 1 day (Saturday). I'll even be there and can help hold places in line since I need Transformer sigs too. I imagine that most of the sigs are for 2-3 Transformers voice actors, and I'll need some sketch pickups from the Garbage Pail Kids artists. For the sketches, all I need is a pickup and submission.
  • An entry ticket can be purchases through Groupon for $9.25: https://www.groupon.com/deals/vegastoycon-4

This seems like a very low overhead, no-brainer for an afternoon. Any other facilitators interested in helping out some board members?

I think that I read somewhere a while ago (so I could very well be wrong) that a facilitator needed to have 200 sigs for an official appearance. us that correct?

On 12/20/2018 at 5:00 PM, Antyreal said:

I just saw this, so maybe I am wrong or it has changed. But nevertheless there is a minimum you must attain.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:38 PM, Celestial Comics said:

CDC9F2AE-030B-48F4-B6F7-3E8B3330E405.thumb.png.dba190483884b136df9a6dbfc2ac45c6.png

Desert Wind/Celestial Comics WILL be at the Las Vegas Toy Con and we WILL be accepting CGC Signature Series submissions to be signed by guests at the show. Details and pricing will be posted on the Desertwindcomics website by next week. The submission deadline will be February 25th. 

Make sure to get your submissions in immediately. Payment for the signing fees need to be paid immediately as signing tickets for both Frank and Peter are very limited. Signing fee tickets are $100.00 per item per signature. Go to Desertwindcomics.com for submission details.