• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

What about a renamed Yellow Claw? (Eg - Golden Claw?)

Have we had a Jimmy Woo intro anywhere yet? I'm not a TV guy, so he could already be on SHIELD and I wouldn't know. But I sure would love an Agents of Atlas film adaptation someday, so maybe I'm just wishful for Golden Claw, in order to pave that way.

A “leaker” claimed mandarin would be his dad. Plus, you know, feige said they were revisiting him...

Cant remember if i posted this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/undervalued/undervalued-spotlight-422/amp/

Edited by Callaway29
Typo

7 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

A “leaker” claimed mandarin would be his dad. Plus, you know, feige said they were revisiting him...

Cant remember if unposted this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/undervalued/undervalued-spotlight-422/amp/

Thanks for posting this. Athough there were a few articles posted about a Mandarin rumor, I never saw anything like this about Yellow Claw. Very interesting.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:46 AM, Chuck Gower said:

The sad thing about social media (in some ways) is that EVERYONE can have an opinion immediately heard. 100 people might've responded, but if THREE of them said, "I'm offended", the editor is going to go that route because it will get people to click on it and read it. 

Yep. But, the funny thing is thats not even that true for most Chinese people in this specific case — it’s even worse than that because most can’t have an opinion immediately heard on the biggest social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Those are all blocked in China by the government. So really you just have the minority of Chinese people that live outside of China or navigate their way around the firewall via VPN or some other means that can even have an opinion to be heard on those sites in the first place... of course China has their own “Facebook” clone, but that’s probably not where editors grab these quotes and headlines from. 

So does Shang-Chi have any super-powers, or is he just real good at kung-fu? I haven't read any comics with the character in it to know what his attributes are. If he's just a master of kung-fu, that seems a little boring. zzz

6 hours ago, Illustrious said:

So does Shang-Chi have any super-powers, or is he just real good at kung-fu? I haven't read any comics with the character in it to know what his attributes are. If he's just a master of kung-fu, that seems a little boring. zzz

In the comics, he doesn't really. But the MCU can change things as they want or need to for the film. 

In the movie, Shang Chi is rumored to be the Mandarin's son. If that's the case, it's possible Shang Chi has a power set similar to his father's. The word "Chi" is in Shang Chi's name after all. Perhaps he can summon a great amount of Chi force into a single strike like the Mandarin or Iron Fist (why should some lame kid from the West have sole access to one of China's great resources, the Iron Fist?)

On 6/17/2019 at 10:25 PM, Callaway29 said:

Cant remember if i posted this:

Shouldn't Fu Manchu be in there somewhere? Can Black Jack Tarr still call him China man?

On 6/18/2019 at 1:17 AM, Readcomix said:

Have we had a Jimmy Woo intro anywhere yet

He was in Ant-Man and the Wasp, last year.

Also, the leader of Agents of Atlas, and The Atlas Foundation in the comics, making him head of one of the most powerful organisations in the Marvel Universe.  The film version needs a lot of work to live up to that.

The Jeff Parker and Gabriel Hardman comics are great.

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

He was in Ant-Man and the Wasp, last year.

Also, the leader of Agents of Atlas, and The Atlas Foundation in the comics, making him head of one of the most powerful organisations in the Marvel Universe.  The film version needs a lot of work to live up to that.

The Jeff Parker and Gabriel Hardman comics are great.

I forgot he was in Antman and the wasp, thanks. Much as I love the characters coming to life on the big screen, most of these movies top out at fun but forgettable. Which is great because I rewatch team every so often and enjoy them all over again.

I read all the Agents of Atlas stuff, absolutely agree! Forget Namor, gimme Namora!