• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard stock down 48% today
1 1

60 posts in this topic

Based on what I saw on the chart, it hasn’t ever been higher than $1.30 in the past 5 years, and even that high was a momentary blip. Can’t have generated that much cash, though I guess a few million shares at pennies still adds up. 

Wizard, as a company in business, cannot stay alive if their stocks keep falling. Wouldn’t be long before they sink for good gone. Months? Weeks? Who know when.

I do think it is well past Wizard’s prime, their days are written numbered. 

It looks like Wizard doesn't own 51% of the shares so someone could pay 2.5 million and have control of the company.  Probably a wasted 2.5 million but it would be interesting if someone stepped in and righted the ship and got it back on track.

51 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It looks like Wizard doesn't own 51% of the shares so someone could pay 2.5 million and have control of the company.  Probably a wasted 2.5 million but it would be interesting if someone stepped in and righted the ship and got it back on track.

It sounds like that person should already be in place though. May not be any value left there.

https://www.newsarama.com/28997-wizard-world-ceo-president-resigns.html

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/03/wizard-world-gets-2-5-million-funding-paul-kessler-bristol-investment-ltd/

56 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

If I remember from the last time I looked it up, Kessler/Bristol owns something like 50 million shares (ie a controlling interest).  Wizard even prepaid their office space lease money for some oddball term.  Space they’re leasing from Kessler btw.  

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It sounds like that person should already be in place though. May not be any value left there.

https://www.newsarama.com/28997-wizard-world-ceo-president-resigns.html

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/03/wizard-world-gets-2-5-million-funding-paul-kessler-bristol-investment-ltd/

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

If I remember from the last time I looked it up, Kessler/Bristol owns something like 50 million shares (ie a controlling interest).  Wizard even prepaid their office space lease money for some oddball term.  Space they’re leasing from Kessler btw.  

From the B.C. article:

And netting them an instant $25,000 and 500,000 shares, with over thirty million share options.

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

From the B.C. article:

And netting them an instant $25,000 and 500,000 shares, with over thirty million share options.

The article is also two years old, more has transpired since then obviously.  I’m not motivated to look up the specs at the moment though.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

MARKET CAP

4.866M

That's like the world's largest pile of die-cut, holofoil, lenticular, signed, limited-edition variant covers of Bloodstrike #1s.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, Fan Boy said:

Wizard, as a company in business, cannot stay alive if their stocks keep falling. Wouldn’t be long before they sink for good gone. Months? Weeks? Who know when.

I do think it is well past Wizard’s prime, their days are written numbered. 

Not how it works.  That being said, your conclusion is probably correct.

Edited by KPR Comics
typo

27 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

Not how it works.  That being said, your conclusion is probably correct.

Can a stock go less then a cent?  If it gets that low doesn't usually go bankrupt or sells to a bigger company who combines it with their business?

Share price is someone's perception of value of the underlying company.  It does not impact whether a company is bankrupt or no longer a going concern.  After reading WIZD's Q3 10-Q, in layman's terms - this company has issues.

38 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Can a stock go less then a cent?  If it gets that low doesn't usually go bankrupt or sells to a bigger company who combines it with their business?

They could/should do 10:1 a reverse split. The 68 million outstanding shares will be 6.8 million and worth 10X as much. Or maybe a 50:1 reverse split.

45 minutes ago, the blob said:

They could/should do 10:1 a reverse split. The 68 million outstanding shares will be 6.8 million and worth 10X as much. Or maybe a 50:1 reverse split.

Like the Reverse Flash sorta

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:53 PM, heinlein991 said:

Should have bought, kids: it's at $.18 now.

Agreed...a pink sheet stock quadruples in price mere days after setting a brand new low at $0.05.  Sounds like a real sound investment, let's all sell our Bitcoin and go into WIZD!  Nothing but upside from here!

:flipbait: