• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard stock down 48% today
1 1

60 posts in this topic

"The last WIZD insider buy occurred when KESSLER PAUL purchased a total of 56,000 shares on January 2, 2019. In the last 5 years insiders have on average purchased 2,697,178 shares each year."  He also bought over 500,000 on 12/31/18.

Kessler now owns close to 3/4 of the common stock, which didn't trade at all today.  Wondering what news might be to come.    hm

Edited by mattn792
Additioning and correctioning

I noticed that WW New Orleans hasn’t announced new dates, even though this was the one Wizard show that has announced dates immediately at the close of the current show for the past 4-5 years. I wondered if it was something as simple as having to get a new block of dates with the convention center, or something deeper. 

3 hours ago, mysterio said:

I noticed that WW New Orleans hasn’t announced new dates, even though this was the one Wizard show that has announced dates immediately at the close of the current show for the past 4-5 years. I wondered if it was something as simple as having to get a new block of dates with the convention center, or something deeper. 

hm

So far today there hasn't been any action on the stock either, I'm thinking its more serious than just a simple venue change.

Had Wizard World on my mind today, so I took a gander on the interweb...

Stock is still dying a slow death, and the only show with guests posted is St. Louis (which is in a few weeks).  There's also only seven more shows booked for the rest of this year; seems like they cancelled a few, no?  Note that I'm not counting Ghostbusters Fanfest, plus its not exactly rocket surgery putting that guest list together.

(Bleep) seems to be getting dismal for Wizard.

10 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I remember years ago someone in here set on buying a huge chunk of shares, like 10k worth

That sounds familiar, if memory serves the stock was also somewhere in the mid $0.20s at the time, sure hope dude didn't follow through for his sake.

Here we in November, and WIZD keeps drifting in zombie mode.  $0.08/share at last check.  As of September 30, Kessler had upped his ownership to just under 52 million shares (out of the 70.1 million total that are outstanding).  

That said, I was pleasantly surprised by the dealer turnout at WW Chicago, much improved from 2018.  Not sure how the overall crowd turnout was though, I only attended on Thursday and was not impressed.  Good for buyers, not so good for sellers.  Win/win would be much preferred.

Current schedule for 2020 on their website lists only five shows -- NO, Portland, Cleveland, St. Louis, Chicago (no Philly???).  Only New Orleans shows any semblance of a guest list.  

The decline continues.  

59 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Here we in November, and WIZD keeps drifting in zombie mode.  $0.08/share at last check.  As of September 30, Kessler had upped his ownership to just under 52 million shares (out of the 70.1 million total that are outstanding).  

That said, I was pleasantly surprised by the dealer turnout at WW Chicago, much improved from 2018.  Not sure how the overall crowd turnout was though, I only attended on Thursday and was not impressed.  Good for buyers, not so good for sellers.  Win/win would be much preferred.

Current schedule for 2020 on their website lists only five shows -- NO, Portland, Cleveland, St. Louis, Chicago (no Philly???).  Only New Orleans shows any semblance of a guest list.  

The decline continues.  

The financials are ugly.  I think this is pretty likely to go to zero.

Good time to bump this topic -- Wizard is now publicly traded under the symbol CRKR (Creek Road Miners), and they've (laughingly) pivoted to crypto mining -- Wizard Brands Announces Launch of Creek Road Miners Crypto-currency Mining Operation | Business Wire

D-E-D dead.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, mattn792 said:

Good time to bump this topic -- Wizard is now publicly traded under the symbol CRKR (Creek Road Miners), and they've (laughingly) pivoted to crypto mining -- Wizard Brands Announces Launch of Creek Road Miners Crypto-currency Mining Operation | Business Wire

D-E-D dead.

Crypto mining PLUS an automatic jello shot maker! KA-CHING!! 😆

Screenshot_20210909-134942_Chrome.jpg

On 9/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, Beyonder123 said:

I'll never go to Wizard World comic con again. The last one I went to had literally 2 tables with ANY comics. Wasn't worth the 60 something dollars I paid for admission. I hope covid kills the company for good.

You're in luck, they've already sold off all the shows to other promoters (Fan Expo purchased most of them I believe).

On 9/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, mattn792 said:

D-E-D dead.

Whaaaattttttttt?  Pivoting to crypto mining?  They are indeed wizards if they can pull this up.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:59 PM, Beyonder123 said:

I'll never go to Wizard World comic con again. The last one I went to had literally 2 tables with ANY comics. Wasn't worth the 60 something dollars I paid for admission. I hope covid kills the company for good.

Two boxes is more than the last Philly show I attended.