• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALERT EBAY AUCTION SELLERS BEWARE ...
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The Ebay Comic Book home page is currently set to Best match instead of live auctions ending.

And  the homepage has a couple pages of ads to scroll through before you even see listings.

This is a death sentence to live actions right now.

Gotta stick to Buy it Now till this is fixed.(again) .

Lame Ebay...Lame

1 hour ago, Pizzafist said:

The Ebay Comic Book home page is currently set to Best match instead of live auctions ending.

And  the homepage has a couple pages of ads to scroll through before you even see listings.

This is a death sentence to live actions right now.

Gotta stick to Buy it Now till this is fixed.(again) .

Lame Ebay...Lame

The global ebay default has been “Best Match” for years now. If you wish to look at auctions that are ending, you need to select “Ending Soonest” from the dropdown menu.

when was it not like this?  and there's a comics home page? don't 99% of people just search for whatever they're looking for?

When I put comic up for auction, it literally never crossed my mind that my comic would be seen on some generic 'ebay comic homepage' and that someone would be so enthralled that they would suddenly desire to bid (I mean that'd be nice, but it literally has zero impact on my business strategy).  Hasn't ebay always put sponsored content first in the absence of specific search parameters?  Wouldn't you if you were ebay?

Do you also get mad when the items on the front endcaps at grocery stores aren't the ones that you're looking for?  Do you bemoan capitalism because someone paid for product placement in the front or at eye level, and you have to walk 10-25 more steps or kneel down to get your favorite brand of baby shampoo or diet soda?  Do you go on chatrooms and warn others about the death knell for lesser brands that is "premium paid endcaps at grocery stores"?

EBay's got a ton wrong with it, but half-baked outrage about this.....