• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian original phantom issue #3
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi there. Picked up a huge collection of golden age . Silver age Australian comics in the US the other day and found a few gems. Thought I share. Not really a Australian collector but this being the 3rd ever issue. 1949.. So rare in nice shape. A few other gems to like first issue original series shadow #1 1950 also nice shape. Took a photo of it with the 2nd series #1 . Any info as well be great.

20181203_151245.jpg

20181203_231903.jpg

You did very well to find those. Some valuable issues there. I'm intrigued as to what else you got. (See my collection of Australian GA as linked in my sig.) if you're selling I'm likely interested!

PM me if you like. I can probably help with info on these books.

Nice find. Just be a little careful with the early Australian Phantom issues, as the first 22  (and counting) have been reprinted and it wasn't until the fourth issue reprint that a small notation alongside the masthead stated "Replica Edition" and then really obvious flags were put on the cover that scream "I am a reprint" - the addition of a barcode - from issue six - that further makes it clear.

The first five, however, regularly turn up on eBay purporting to be original. Unlike Famous First Editions from DC, the measurements are identical to the originals.

Here's a link to the GCD page.

Caveat Emptor.

Were there any Ravens? :whistle:

Edited by Duffman_Comics
Check one's facts before submitting, knucklehead.