• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Tec 27 2.5 for 410K
1 1

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

I believe this is the copy that had the covers taped together to raise the grade.  In other words, it would receive a lower grade from CGC today if resubmitted because CGC changed its policy on tape.  Apologies to buyer, seller, and their close friends and immediate relations if I'm mistaken about this. :foryou:

19 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

correct

CGC seems to hate tape and detached covers and centerfolds. I guess I’m in a minority here because I’m ok with those defects.  I can buy a book that looks like an 8.5 for a 6.0 price. But I digress . . .

what I wanted to say is I’ve never priced Tec 27s for the same reason I don’t price Lamborghinis: outta my league. That said, I sure thought a Tec 27 would go for a greater multiple than 3x a Bat 1. But a Bat 1 2.5 just sold on these boards a coupla weeks ago for $127k. 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

It does present nicely for a 2.5.  Albeit, due to the severed cover or covers.  Were both the front and back cover separated from each other in two pieces prior to being reattached to the spine using the tape.

Based on a 2.5 I would assume that the cover was simply detached and both front and back were together as CGC would grade the book as if the tape wasn't present.  But what the heck do I know?!?!

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I think the sales tax hurts the seller.  The tax will eat the buyer too (my guess is 8%).

Edited by JollyComics

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I believe this is the copy that had the covers taped together to raise the grade.  In other words, it would receive a lower grade from CGC today if resubmitted because CGC changed its policy on tape.  Apologies to buyer, seller, and their close friends and immediate relations if I'm mistaken about this. :foryou:

You are correct.  Rick was the one who bought it and had someone who NOW works internally tape it up to go from a 1.5 to a 2.5.  It would NOT get a 2.5 today as CGC eliminated that loophole.  It's a very pretty book with great eye appeal...just been around the block a time or two.  Congrats to the seller...good for them.  The buyer....well....we shall see

6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

CGC seems to hate tape and detached covers and centerfolds. I guess I’m in a minority here because I’m ok with those defects.  I can buy a book that looks like an 8.5 for a 6.0 price. But I digress . . .

what I wanted to say is I’ve never priced Tec 27s for the same reason I don’t price Lamborghinis: outta my league. That said, I sure thought a Tec 27 would go for a greater multiple than 3x a Bat 1. But a Bat 1 2.5 just sold on these boards a coupla weeks ago for $127k. 

who would have paid that :whatthe:  :hi:@GreatCaesarsGhost

10 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The tec27 / bat1 ratio used to be 1:4 if I remember correctly.

8 hours ago, woowoo said:

who would have paid that :whatthe:  :hi:@GreatCaesarsGhost

Nobody could be that crazy.  Oh, wait.  That WAS me wasn’t it. I’d forgotten.  

I’m sure I overpaid like a big dog.  But its all a matter of timing.  What book is out there when I happen to have the money in my feverish hand.

53 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’m sure I overpaid like a big dog.  But its all a matter of timing.  What book is out there when I happen to have the money in my feverish hand.

You will do just fine over time (thumbsu

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Nobody could be that crazy.  Oh, wait.  That WAS me wasn’t it. I’d forgotten.  

Assume you have a Tec 27 hm