• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERITAGE ADDS VINTAGE GRADED VIDEO GAMES TO ITS SIGNATURE AND WEEKLY AUCITONS
2 2

177 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, darkstar said:

Yeah, no that didn't happen. K-Mart having random copies of old games made available for sale during liquidation? Absolutely. But something like FF7 or Symphony of the Night? No. K-Mart buying used games and creating their own UPCs? No, that wasn't a thing. Those stores aren't franchised, they don't have individual store owners that could freely implement such a thing, that would be a corporate mandate that went company-wide. Unless you have some sort of evidence showing otherwise? 

And you are missing the point as to why your comparison fails. The issue isn't that you found uncommon games or movies years after their release still sealed. The issue is the difference in where you found them and stating that the situations were exact. Long sold-out and out-of-print games being made available for sale at a store's liquidation 7 years after not being available for sale at retail stores? No, that is nowhere close to the same thing as finding sealed DVDs at a used media store.  

Except that it did. Sorry that you couldn't find such a steal. Your text on a chat board can't change recorded history. What you've typed is incorrect. The evidence is the 2 games that were bought and are still owned. lol if you think I still have that receipt from a purchase made in high school...

The point that I am missing is your argument. You're basing everything on logic and conjecture that are nil in this instance. I'm not disagreeing with any of it, but you're just flat-out incorrect. That is what you are missing.

Yeah because you led him to believe you bought it at release lol

I’m comic terms you told him you bought an Amazing Fantasy 15 off the rack in 1976.    Only you didn’t mention it was the rack at a used book store lol

7 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Yeah because you led him to believe you bought it at release lol

I’m comic terms you told him you bought an Amazing Fantasy 15 off the rack in 1976.    Only you didn’t mention it was the rack at a used book store lol

At no point in time was this ever implied by me. Making assumptions and/or inferring information that isn't actually provided is no good excuse.

That analogy you're providing is 100% off-base.

Whatever.   You’re smarter than everybody.   Except you’re not ;)

Carrying that attitude through life is only going to hurt you in the end.

Edited by Bronty

10 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Whatever.   You’re smarter than everybody.   Except you’re not ;)

What kind of deflection is this? What does intelligence have to do with this topic or conversation..?

It's about buying a couple of games for dirt-cheap in 2005. It has close-to-nothing to do with smarts other than pulling the trigger on buying them for such a low cost.

One guy is conveying history - and the other - "logic". They're not always one and the same. Passive-aggressive posts by the non-A and B posters that don't contribute to this conversation can be left out. Thanks.

We were discussing purchases at retail release.   You hijacked the thread for pages about some find in high school that has nothing to do with purchases at release.   This thread is not about you.   Some random find years after release is not germaine to the initial conversation.   So you found a couple cheap games, great, everyone likes it when that happens to them and it happens a lot more in frames than comics that have longer established values.   But ultimately, nobody cares if you found a couple ps games in HS.   :eyeroll:   

Edited by Bronty

5 minutes ago, Bronty said:

We were discussing purchases at retail release.   You hijacked the thread for pages about some find in high school that has nothing to do with purchases at release.   This thread is not about you.   Some random find years after release is not germaine to the initial conversation.   So you found a couple cheap games, great, everyone likes it when that happens to them and it happens a lot more in frames than comics that have longer established values.   But ultimately, nobody cares if you found a couple ps games in HS.   :eyeroll:   

Really? If you go back and read through this thread, I was directly asked about the games that I have. I didn't "hijack" anything.

Everything said after the underlined comment is pretentiously opinionated. Again, passive-aggressive comments (that don't further discussion) interjected into a discussion between the A-and-B users can be left at the door. Thanks.

For a little perspective here’s a sealed find a buddy had two years after yours.   Nobody cares, dude.   These are Nintendo of Canada’s uncirculated and PRISTINE head office copies that they kept as part of their licensing archives.  One copy of every third party snes title.   That’s a find worth talking about.   Twenty bucks spent in high school?   Time to let go.

https://imgur.com/a/NHlikTm

Edited by Bronty

For one of the alleged "nobody cares", you sure seem to be invested as a 3rd-party poster to a conversation that didn't involve you... Actions speak louder than words.

Oh, and people other than you do care. Again lending credence to the pretentious nature of your posts. Who? People I know who think they're cool. Oh, also, the people looking to buy them... Very misinforming posts you're sharing here.

There's nothing else to be said, really, so we can move on.

Edited by TwoPiece

11 minutes ago, Bronty said:

For a little perspective here’s a sealed find a buddy had two years after yours.   Nobody cares, dude.   These are Nintendo of Canada’s uncirculated and PRISTINE head office copies that they kept as part of their licensing archives.  One copy of every third party snes title.   That’s a find worth talking about.   Twenty bucks spent in high school?   Time to let go.

https://imgur.com/a/NHlikTm

Holy !

15 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

For one of the alleged "nobody cares", you sure seem to be invested as a 3rd-party poster to a conversation that didn't involve you... Actions speak louder than words.

Oh, and people other than you do care. Again lending credence to the pretentious nature of your posts. Who? People I know who think they're cool. Oh, also, the people looking to buy them... Very misinforming posts you're sharing here.

There's nothing else to be said, really, so we can move on.

Okay, High School.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:59 PM, DELETED said:

Great post. If there is any one hobby that could explode and challenge comics it would be the videogame hobby. Lots of similarities. Both have many visual great stories and characters.

I always thought of Nintendo as the Marvel of videogames,especially 1980s Nintendo similar to 1960s Marvels.

Like Marvel did in the 1960s Nintendo did in the 1980s by changing the game. A lot of people forget most video games were DOA by 1983. They couldn't give many games away,than along came Nintendo in 1985 and changed the game like Marvel did in 1961 with Fantastic Four.

I see the Zelda,Metroid and Mega Man early games following a similar path as Hulk #181,ASM#300 and NM #98. They could explode in value. Also don't be surprised if Hollywood finally figures out how to do video games movies good which would add more juice to the value.

A good future in video game collecting. As always the keys and quality over quantity.

.Legend of Zelda NES Prices         Metroid NES Prices          Mega Man NES Prices

You could not be more correct here. Keys and quality over quantity.  

6694CFB3-8596-45E7-9137-F2A53932BA96.jpeg

70C3A07E-BB04-4ACA-B963-2E05922E486E.jpeg

F89ADA88-A6EF-4243-97DC-DCAB2DE8BFB5.jpeg

FD316D53-C002-40AB-AFBF-630F041243FA.jpeg

0235E633-71BA-44BD-BB8E-045F2E51651A.jpeg

97722D20-B440-4181-BD38-B80FE9C2D4E5.jpeg

17 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Except that it did. Sorry that you couldn't find such a steal. Your text on a chat board can't change recorded history. What you've typed is incorrect. The evidence is the 2 games that were bought and are still owned. lol if you think I still have that receipt from a purchase made in high school...

The point that I am missing is your argument. You're basing everything on logic and conjecture that are nil in this instance. I'm not disagreeing with any of it, but you're just flat-out incorrect. That is what you are missing.

I was merely pointing out a lie. I don't doubt that you own the games or that they were purchased in 2005. But they weren't acquired at a K-Mart liquidation sale. 

12 hours ago, darkstar said:

I was merely pointing out a lie. I don't doubt that you own the games or that they were purchased in 2005. But they weren't acquired at a K-Mart liquidation sale. 

There are no lies. They were.

Edited by TwoPiece
Edit: It wasn't a liquidation sale - it was just a clearance sale.