• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 1... EDIT: a piece fell off... 2nd EDIT: grade is in with scan...

15 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

I don't think you are getting a 5.5 with or without the M...

I don't either. TwoPiece said 5.5 before the M fell off, to be fair, but I thought that was pretty high even then, for all the spine creases. Perhaps he was viewing on mobile. I was thinking maybe VG+ before the M fell off. Now I think I'll be lucky to get a VG-.

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I don't either. TwoPiece said 5.5 before the M fell off, to be fair, but I thought that was pretty high even then, for all the spine creases. Perhaps he was viewing on mobile. I was thinking maybe VG+ before the M fell off. Now I think I'll be lucky to get a VG-.

Also you have stains on the back cover that can hurt a lot as I have found out, that FF 13 has no stains.  Still, X Men 1 is a nice book to have... STOP touching it hah!

9 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Also you have stains on the back cover that can hurt a lot as I have found out, that FF 13 has no stains.  Still, X Men 1 is a nice book to have... STOP touching it hah!

LOL... that piece was gonna fall off regardless of whether it was with me, or CGC. I half thought of taping it on. But I've learned to ignore my half thoughts. :)

I know it's a cliche here, but 3.5 was my guess before I scrolled down and saw the final reveal. Despite the nice bright front cover, there's a fair amount of long creasing on both sides which was always going to cap it in the lower VG range. I definitely wouldn't beat yourself up about that tiny spine chip... I doubt it made much if any difference in the final grade. Great book. (thumbsu