• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Funeral Pyre 1 Error Variant

37 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, tigers comics said:

I’ve found out today that the comic is receiving a Quilfiled label. 

I’m not sure why yet. 

I had a TMNT book where the half of the interior wraps were printed completely blank... It also come back Qualified with a note that there was a manufacturing error.  Sounds like maybe you've got the same thing going on.

Your book looks pretty nice though!  Did it grade well?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Ask them when they changed their stance on that.

VenomLethalProtector1Black.jpg.8ae6eefa0c8dac1110c51256ddb571af.jpg 

VenomLethalProtector1White.jpg

I have no dog in this race, but is it because a book like the black Venom error exists in a large enough number to be considered a true "variant", whereas this Funeral Pyre is more like a one off? I have no idea, personally, it is a curious double standard. I think the Funeral Pyre cover looks very cool, would love to dig one of those up myself!

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

is it because a book like the black Venom error exists in a large enough number to be considered a true "variant", whereas this Funeral Pyre is more like a one off?

No.

it is a curious double standard.

Yes.

Just more inconsistency.

I have no dog in this race, but is it because a book like the black Venom error exists in a large enough number to be considered a true "variant", whereas this Funeral Pyre is more like a one off? I have no idea, personally, it is a curious double standard. I think the Funeral Pyre cover looks very cool, would love to dig one of those up myself!

They are not labeled variants and there is now way to know how many of any type of Big 2 book exist.

And here is what the label says on both:

Black Cover/Printing Error

- White Cover/Printing Error

1 hour ago, tigers comics said:

They have asked for the Certification Numbers on the Blue label white cover Venom:LP 1. Waiting for a answer now

Serial # 0093399001, according to the Heritage Auctions scan.  It doesn't show up in the CGC lookup, though.  It was a Venom: Lethal Protector #1 Gold Variant that was manufactured without the gold foil, not a standard edition with a manufacturing error.

Edited by valiantman

SO, CGC's answer was exactly what I theorized, and I have been vindicated. @Lazyboy and @ygogolak I'll accept your apologies in the form of doughnuts.