• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fantastic Four King Size (Annual) #6 (VG+, 4.5) 1968
3 3

50 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, Cliff R. said:

The boards can be tough on someone who thinks outside the box.

I'm going to note this for future reference. Not taking the time to read the rules before posting a sales thread is outside the box thinking. Good to know! 
O.o

8 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm going to note this for future reference. Not taking the time to read the rules before posting a sales thread is outside the box thinking. Good to know

Actually, I was referring to taking pics of the comic in the bag.  :bigsmile:

22 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:
8 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I'm going to note this for future reference. Not taking the time to read the rules before posting a sales thread is outside the box thinking. Good to know

Actually, I was referring to taking pics of the comic in the bag.  :bigsmile:

He should have used outside of the bag thinking then :baiting: 

15 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

I thought that he was being treated unfairly.  Do the boardies want to make this their exclusive club and humiliate the less experienced trying to get in , or reach out and welcome them ?  

He hasn't followed the selling rules?  Tell him that diplomatically.

So the pics could be better. Let him know without embarrasing him.

So maybe he's asking too much for it. PM him and tell him gently.

New members shouldn't be treated as outsiders.  Period.

At least @lizards2's meme was graciously funny, not "piling up". ;)

14 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

I thought that he was being treated unfairly.  Do the boardies want to make this their exclusive club and humiliate the less experienced trying to get in , or reach out and welcome them ?  

He hasn't followed the selling rules?  Tell him that diplomatically.

So the pics could be better. Let him know without embarrasing him.

So maybe he's asking too much for it. PM him and tell him gently.

New members shouldn't be treated as outsiders.  Period.

I agree completely and I’ve seen other newbies treated far nicer who made egregious errors in their initial listings. But again, ask for the high end price and eyes will roll.

1 minute ago, vaillant said:

At least @lizards2's meme was graciously funny, not "piling up". ;)

Yes it was. Liz said he posted that because the selling rules weren't followed.  I thought it was because of the bagged scans.  I didn't see this thread until after most of the selling errors were corrected.

No returns; look at the scans and decide.

Is this the way we run sales threads on here and get regular customers on raw books. He's not going to have much luck on here but have at. Why not try getting to know people here and participate a bit. Just my 2c. Now I have to watch Thunder Road and think about runnin boot leg whiskey.

Have we highjacked his thread long enough?

Well, you all have certainly got me shaking my head in astonishment.

Why not try getting to know people here and participate a bit?

I stumbled upon this site by accident, not looking for a chat forum. I collected comics in my youth, and now have decided to sell my large collection. I thought I would post one comic here and see what happened. Well, I found out ..

But again, ask for the high end price and eyes will roll.

As I alluded to before, I have seen a few copies of this comic (in similar grade range) sell for what I am asking and more. It made me think I was in the ballpark. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I dont care about the price. Its your book, you set the price.

What ya did was first say "no returns" and then "Im not gonna give you a good scan or picture" leaving the buyers to have to put faith in your grading reputation.....

....and you just joined the boards on Monday.

if ur gonna say no returns, there should be air tight scans and descriptions. If you arent gonna bothrr to show the books clearly, then you should allow returns at no cost to the seller.

21 minutes ago, Lostcoastman said:

I stumbled upon this site by accident, not looking for a chat forum. I collected comics in my youth, and now have decided to sell my large collection.

You might want to try Craigs List or e-bay. This is a pretty tight community here. Many of us interact with each other at conventions and daily on the phone, and we do like to chat, and watch each others backs. Good luck selling your large collection.

3 minutes ago, DR.X said:

You might want to try Craigs List or e-bay. This is a pretty tight community here. Many of us interact with each other at conventions and daily on the phone, and we do like to chat, and watch each others backs. Good luck selling your large collection.

I don't talk to DR.X on the phone, but I do enjoy looking through his windows at night.  :cool:

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I don't talk to DR.X on the phone, but I do enjoy looking through his windows at night.  :cool:

why do you think I leave the drapes open, even on the top floor.