• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fantastic Four King Size (Annual) #6 (VG+, 4.5) 1968
3 3

50 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DR.X said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I don't talk to DR.X on the phone, but I do enjoy looking through his windows at night.  :cool:

why do you think I leave the drapes open, even on the top floor.

banana052.gif

7 hours ago, Lostcoastman said:

Have we highjacked his thread long enough?

Well, you all have certainly got me shaking my head in astonishment.

Why not try getting to know people here and participate a bit?

I stumbled upon this site by accident, not looking for a chat forum. I collected comics in my youth, and now have decided to sell my large collection. I thought I would post one comic here and see what happened. Well, I found out ..

But again, ask for the high end price and eyes will roll.

As I alluded to before, I have seen a few copies of this comic (in similar grade range) sell for what I am asking and more. It made me think I was in the ballpark. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Believe me, I don’t think anyone was talking that way just out of disrespect.
This, hosted by CGC (which as you know it’s been the first company to offer paid-for professional grading), is first and foremost a forum to discuss collecting, history of comics, our own passion for it, and then there is the marketplace to encourage people to engage in buying and selling and as a facilitation to do so. So, yes, it’s a marketplace but unlike other places where you just go to put an ad and sell, here it’s part of the forum at large, and meant to reinforce the sense of community while buying and selling.

My opinion is that generally people "pile up" not much for the price (as I said, if your price is unreal, you just won’t sell, no big deal) but when someone arrives and starts a sales thread without asking if there are rules that regulate the sales area.

I am italian, participating here since 2012 and I immediately loved the place especially for the ongoing discussion on Golden Age comics and the wartime period. Afterwards I started to sell my own books and no one had to comply as – even if I did not read the rules in detail – I managed to understand what was necessary to put in in terms of information and saw how the marketplace was working.

Trust me, this is a great place and no one has "a beef" with you, just learn a bit and you’ll love the resources offered and the collector friends too… :)

P.S. @Jeffro. is just lazy, and he’s in good company. :D
Plus, you’ll love @lizards2 and his and his harem of bewitching lizards… 

7478c7a394c63dd76fa0c1ee080b1b32.jpg

Edited by vaillant

14 hours ago, Lostcoastman said:

Have we highjacked his thread long enough?

Well, you all have certainly got me shaking my head in astonishment.

Why not try getting to know people here and participate a bit?

I stumbled upon this site by accident, not looking for a chat forum. I collected comics in my youth, and now have decided to sell my large collection. I thought I would post one comic here and see what happened. Well, I found out ..

But again, ask for the high end price and eyes will roll.

As I alluded to before, I have seen a few copies of this comic (in similar grade range) sell for what I am asking and more. It made me think I was in the ballpark. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I repeat my Only Comment.  If There are Thousands of books, Why haven't we seen them?.  It it because of bad Lizards?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

I repeat my Only Comment.  If There are Thousands of books, Why haven't we seen them?.  It it because of bad Lizards?

(tsk) Learn from Lizzie and if you need to "pile up", at least do it with humour and style.
You guys are scaring away new potential boardies! :kidaround: