• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fantastic Four King Size (Annual) #6 (VG+, 4.5) 1968
3 3

50 posts in this topic

Mid grade copy of this Silver Age Key (This comic should grade higher). To save time, I have resorted to scanning comics in their bags. Any wavy lines will be from the bag, not the comic. Additional scans available on request. Price is $175. PayPal only. Shipping in the US is $4.00 for USPS First Class, or $7.00 Priority Mail. No returns; look at the scans and decide.

Fantastic Four King Size (Annual) #6  (VG+, 4.5) 1968 a.jpg

Edited by Lostcoastman

12 minutes ago, grebal said:

Called a 4.5 in title. So suggesting it might be a 5.0.

We have 4.5 in the title, mid-grade in the listing, and a claim that it should grade higher. Higher than what, and why?

It is not CGC graded, so if it should grade higher then why isn’t he?

Edited by mysterio
Can’t spell

4 hours ago, mysterio said:

We have 4.5 in the title, mid-grade in the listing, and a claim that it should grade higher. Higher than what, and why?

It is not CGC graded, so if it should grade higher then why isn’t he?

Poor form, I apologize. Good luck.

Edited by grebal

29 minutes ago, grebal said:

I get you, particularly after you just sold a slightly lesser copy for below 50.  But imo we're all really busting on him largely because he's priced it so exorbitantly.  I mean, geez, even 1cool Andy doesn't think this book is *that* hot.  Which makes us kind of lame for misleading him on the biggest criticism, though I can live with that.

He can ask whatever he wants. I’d just like to have an idea of what he thinks the grade is, and if I can’t decipher that then it’ll be difficult to drum up any interest. 

2 hours ago, grebal said:

I get you, particularly after you just sold a slightly lesser copy for below 50.  But imo we're all really busting on him largely because he's priced it so exorbitantly.  I mean, geez, even 1cool Andy doesn't think this book is *that* hot.  Which makes us kind of lame for misleading him on the biggest criticism, though I can live with that.

I posted what I did because of the lack of all the stuff that is supposed to be covered in the preamble - postage, return policy, payment methods, yada, yada.  I don't comment on price..., publicly.

I am brand new to this site, and I had hoped to learn some things by posting a comic for sale. I didn't expect the harsh comments that many of you seem to enjoy dishing out. No, this isn't self pity; far from it.

I did include " postage, return policy, payment methods, yada, yada ...". It is all there for those who care to read it. As far as the price, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. I happened to follow a few copies on ebay recently, and one, graded at 5.0 or 5.5 sold for $205.00. Most of the listings claimed this was a "Hot Book" right now.

I felt that I "graded" it conservatively at 4.5, but believe many would see it a bit higher. I have provided scans; make your own assessment. If you don't like what you see, take a hike. You must have something better to do.

12 minutes ago, Lostcoastman said:

I did include " postage, return policy, payment methods, yada, yada ..."

Yeah - now that you've edited it three hours ago.

9 hours ago, Lostcoastman said:

I am brand new to this site, and I had hoped to learn some things by posting a comic for sale. I didn't expect the harsh comments that many of you seem to enjoy dishing out. No, this isn't self pity; far from it.

I did include " postage, return policy, payment methods, yada, yada ...". It is all there for those who care to read it. As far as the price, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. I happened to follow a few copies on ebay recently, and one, graded at 5.0 or 5.5 sold for $205.00. Most of the listings claimed this was a "Hot Book" right now.

I felt that I "graded" it conservatively at 4.5, but believe many would see it a bit higher. I have provided scans; make your own assessment. If you don't like what you see, take a hike. You must have something better to do.

Thanks for the clarification. If you had typed this from the beginning we (at least I) would have known what you meant.