• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Posting on CAF too soon
1 1

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

They will hold items and consolidate. If you bid on several auctions - they can combine the items so you pay shipping only once. For those who are not impatiant it saves funds. And less headaches with shipping companies. As each shipment is stressful - there are less shipments this way. Clink also offers this.

The saving money part no longer applies I think.  There is now a fee per win that goes toward shipping.  At least that seems to be what is happening with me.

Malvin

5 hours ago, malvin said:

Its not a prize I like winning, but I have paid for published art from an artists and he hasn't shipped.

It's been almost 6 months so today I decided to offer an payment if he ships (after I receive it of course)

Malvin

There's no excuse for this... I'd love to know who to avoid.

59 minutes ago, malvin said:

The saving money part no longer applies I think.  There is now a fee per win that goes toward shipping.  At least that seems to be what is happening with me.

Malvin

I haven't seen that.  Just ask them to change your shipping status to hold all items and not ship until you ask. Then when you amass enough - ask for shipping.

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

I haven't seen that.  Just ask them to change your shipping status to hold all items and not ship until you ask. Then when you amass enough - ask for shipping.

My stuff has been hold for awhile, check each of your invoice, there is a new fee there 

Malvin

Now that the original topic has been settled, let's change the title to Shipping art too soon.

A few years ago, HA actually sent me the art before I paid for it.

Even before that, I won a collector's ebay auction and he sent the art to me before payment.

... but I did pay for both of them afterward.

Edited by Will_K

49 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Now that the original topic has been settled, let's change the title to Shipping art too soon.

Even before that, I won a collector's ebay auction and he sent the art to me before payment.

Heritage has done this for me twice, including the recent auction. 

16 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

The real question should be regarding "Removing Art from CAF too LATE".

Like if you sold a piece in 2008 and it's still sitting there on your CAF confusing the hell out of people that see it in two (or more depending on the apathy of subsequent owners towards proper CAF inventory maintenance) galleries simultaneously. 

This doesn't bother me if it is a gallery/folder that indicates it is no longer their collection. 

Just now, JadeGiant said:

This doesn't bother me if it is a gallery/folder that indicates it is no longer their collection. 

I tend to agree, but a lot of folks don't go that extra step. 

It's still confusing to people who search for the piece and see them side by side in two galleries having to read the description or look for the gallery name to figure it out. 

18 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Like if you sold a piece in 2008 and it's still sitting there on your CAF confusing the hell out of people that see it in two (or more depending on the apathy of subsequent owners towards proper CAF inventory maintenance) galleries simultaneously. 

I have about half a dozen pages in my collection that are currently on CAF still in the old owner's collection in their active folders.  It's not the biggest deal in the world.

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

It's still confusing to people who search for the piece and see them side by side in two galleries having to read the description or look for the gallery name to figure it out. 

Yep, that had me confused a couple times when I first joined CAF but you can generally tell based on the date each was posted, etc. the progression of ownership. I can say in at least one case that someone keeping art on CAF after they sold it helped me to track down and buy a piece of art so in that case I was very grateful for it being there. 

Just now, Pete Marino said:

I have about half a dozen pages in my collection that are currently on CAF still in the old owner's collection in their active folders.  It's not the biggest deal in the world.

Oh I agree, It's not the biggest deal, just a bigger deal than "too soon to post". lol 

It only becomes an issue when selling, and it's someone you haven't dealt with, and there's an immediate "WTF is going on here?" moment, that causes them to doubt when there's no need for it if people can do some basic maintenance. 

30 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Absolutely, if it’s gone, let it go.

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Shipped to a "friend" in Oregon, Delaware, Montana or New Hampshire? hm 

NO!!! Please support your teachers, police, firemen (err, fire-persons?) by paying your full state sales tax. Along with all other taxes, fees, licenses, and fines as well lol  Where would we be -GOD!- without our public servants :)

1 hour ago, Will_K said:

Happens to me regularly. If you are seen as a good risk of following through, why not pass the risk of holding onto the other guy, not to mention build goodwill in doing so?

37 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

20 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

18 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

18 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

14 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

Yep, that had me confused a couple times when I first joined CAF but you can generally tell based on the date each was posted, etc. the progression of ownership. I can say in at least one case that someone keeping art on CAF after they sold it helped me to track down and buy a piece of art so in that case I was very grateful for it being there. 

14 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Oh I agree, It's not the biggest deal, just a bigger deal than "too soon to post". lol 

It only becomes an issue when selling, and it's someone you haven't dealt with, and there's an immediate "WTF is going on here?" moment, that causes them to doubt when there's no need for it if people can do some basic maintenance. 

6 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Absolutely, if it’s gone, let it go.

Does this win the prize? I bought this from Mario in April 2008 off eBay for a lot less than $1500 :)

It might be worth $1500 almost eleven years later.

Good thing I'm not trying to compete with him to re-sell it, eh?