• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
6 6

179 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks brother!! you da man!! 

You got that right man!!! and in the Greatest state in all the Land!! OH-IO!! Birthplace of Superman, Home to the Rock and Roll Hall Fame, the inventors of the airplane are from our great state. Did you know Cleveland was the first city in the world to be lighted electrically? We sport the first interracial and coeducational college in America. The first men to walk on the moon were from here too. The list goes on and on. Proud to call ya neighbor buddy!! GO BROWNIES!! 

We're brothers with matching copies!

Also, I'm directly related to Moses Cleveland who founded the city, and President Grover Cleveland is my fifth Uncle.

8 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Thanks brother!! you da man!! 

You got that right man!!! and in the Greatest state in all the Land!! OH-IO!! Birthplace of Superman, Home to the Rock and Roll Hall Fame, the inventors of the airplane are from our great state. Did you know Cleveland was the first city in the world to be lighted electrically? We sport the first interracial and coeducational college in America. The first men to walk on the moon were from here too. The list goes on and on. Proud to call ya neighbor buddy!! GO BROWNIES!! 

@gino2paulus2, I have to visit Cleveland for work mid January. Any suggestions on comic shops to visit?

5 hours ago, piper said:

@gino2paulus2, I have to visit Cleveland for work mid January. Any suggestions on comic shops to visit?

Guess it all depends what you’re looking for and where you’re staying. For example I work in Cleveland actual Cleveland but live in Avon which is a 30 minute commute. My comic store is called Comics Are Go they just got a new owner a year or two ago super nice guy who has been buying up collections and likes back issues. I just stopped in the other day and sold him some Golden Age stuff but he has never really dealt with it much more Silver age and up and he has an impressive amount of original art as well that he was kind enough to break out from the back and nerded out for a bit. Closer to Cleveland but not in downtown is a place called Carol N Johns that I used to have a pull service with back when I lived in Lakewood which is even closer to downtown. Again no Golden age but they have some silver and just about everything bronze and up their back issue selection is pretty decent for a comic shop. Those are really the only two stores that I ever frequented more than once. York comics went out of business so if you do a google search and find them don’t go there. They were actually owned by a buddy of mines father in law. John Haines the overstreet advisor has a nice selection of books he sets up at shows around here and has a shop somewhere on the east side of Cleveland in a mall though called Comics and Friends. Doesn’t really carry his “con stock” in the store though. 

I’ve never had the pleasure YET of meeting Rick in real life but my guess would be if you’re in Cleveland and want to see some AWESOME BOOKS your best bet is to set up a lunch with him hehe!! hope this helps 😊

On 12/12/2018 at 6:39 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

I absolutely won’t be able to live with myself if I let this slip by again this book is near impossible to find and has one of the coolest covers of all of the GA imo...

that being said, :takeit:

Thanks Rick!! Looks like me and @Markentoth get to be Mystery Men 30 cgc 3.0 bros!! 

A trophy book for sure, Gino! Congratulations!