• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grail Question

17 posts in this topic

If you don’t anticipate owning your grail But still would like a piece of it would you rather have :

a.  A page from a secondary story 

OR 

b  a back cover where there are only ads and no pin ups 

Edited by Chicago Boy

6 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

If you don’t anticipate owning your grail But still would like a piece of it would you rather have :

OR 

Mostly likely "B", but it all depends what that grail is.  Quite a few non-pin up back covers are generic. 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

b.  Back cover, easily over secondary story 

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

OR 

When it comes to a grail, the right answer is entirely up to you.  Choose wisely, ...remember Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.  :preach:

28 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Depends on the book, for example I would take the back cover to Batman 1 over any interior page.

Don’t think you the Bat 1 would work with this question as it’s all Bat content and the bak page is a pin up.  I guess you could go non joker story but I was thinking more in the lines of a slam Bradley.  Kazar. Etc situation. 

Two thoughts. 

1. A back cover might have better resale value down the road with someone looking to marry a book that only has a front cover (or they have a front cover to marry to an interior but no back cover). 

2. Neither, and I save my money for an interior page that comes from the key story. Dont let the desire to check the box of having part of your grail cloud the goal...

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Don’t think you the Bat 1 would work with this question as it’s all Bat content and the bak page is a pin up.  I guess you could go non joker story but I was thinking more in the lines of a slam Bradley.  Kazar. Etc situation. 

I would take any Bat 1 story page over the pin up. I would also take a Kazar story page if it's a Marvel 1 (although a Marvel 1 back cover is very rare and unique). From a pure enjoyment perspective, we do buy comics for their front cover, interior art, and stories and not back cover ads. I can understand a pin up (Bat 1, Supe 1, Cap 4, Marvel 17) back cover would be desirable though. 

Edited by Primetime

I've owned a Pep Morgan page from Action #1 but sold it when the thrill of owning a piece of Action #1 left me. However, had it been a Zatara page, I'd likely still have it. Some secondary stories are much more desirable than others. Ultimately, as Cat said, it's whatever rocks for you. 

5 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Depends on the book, for example I would take the back cover to Batman 1 over any interior page.

Excellent point! For instance, what if your grail's back cover happened to be a foot fungus ad? 

That wouldn't be my frame-worthy first choice.  :p

52 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Excellent point! For instance, what if your grail's back cover happened to be a foot fungus ad? 

That wouldn't be my frame-worthy first choice.  :p

Unless it was in a certified holder hm