• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic staples. Is this normal? Fantastic Four #3 2018

6 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone. New to the forum.

I recently received The Fantastic Four #3 variant and wondered if the stapling here is normal? I’ve never seen this before and so I’m uncertain if it’s a faulty staple or a new type. An internet search doesn’t lead to anything and the seller can’t help me a great deal as they don’t open any of their comics to check.

both staples appear the same. If it’s normal though, surely over time they will potentially indent the pages?

Thanks for looking in,

Kev

E0CE8222-9EDE-4B83-B5B3-2D4B39A6A5D0.jpeg

C9CBB325-6981-46A4-8C96-8B4E4E24CD3A.jpeg

Edited by KevG

9 hours ago, KevG said:

Hey, everyone. New to the forum.

I recently received The Fantastic Four #3 variant and wondered if the stapling here is normal? I’ve never seen this before and so I’m uncertain if it’s a faulty staple or a new type. An internet search doesn’t lead to anything and the seller can’t help me a great deal as they don’t open any of their comics to check.

both staples appear the same. If it’s normal though, surely over time they will potentially indent the pages?

Thanks for looking in,

Kev

C9CBB325-6981-46A4-8C96-8B4E4E24CD3A.jpeg

To be clear, this is a shot of the middle of the book, right?

If so, I've never seen staples like that, but I have seen many unusual formations. I wouldn't worry about it.

I’ve just received an update from the seller, who confirmed via photos that the production run, or some of it, has been affected by this error. It’s a gamble at this point trying to find a copy that’s free of it.