• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bigger Key: ASM 3 or 14
3 3

51 posts in this topic

I think I know the answer but I would like some other opinions before I pull the trigger on one of them. Thanks!

Definitely #3 in my book. It's much earlier and Doc is at least as important in the Spidey mythos as the Goblin. But I love #14 of course as well.

52 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I think 14 is a more popular ($) book, but I personally prefer 3.

Truth be told, I’d take a #4 before either of ‘em!

Is it so? If I recall correctly I paid double the price for my #3 compared to my #14, and they are both CGC 7.5 and I paid around GPA, within the same year. 

14 for me. I've often considered the Spidey 'keys' as 1, 14, 50, 121, 122, 129, 194.....

1-20 are pretty much all keys given the characters they introduced*.  But 14 always featured more prominently in the lists I've seen down the years.

*actually, drop 8 from that. Never liked 8. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

14 for me. I've often considered the Spidey 'keys' as 1, 14, 50, 121, 122, 129, 194.....

1-20 are pretty much all keys given the characters they introduced*.  But 14 always featured more prominently in the lists I've seen down the years.

*actually, drop 8 from that. Never liked 8. 

Just wait until the Living Brain makes it to the big screen...

lol

2 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

I thought the Goblin was silly looking when I saw that issue 14 on the rack.  I still bought it though.  My favorite issue is #12, seeing Spidey unmasked (NOT A DREAM! NOT AN IMAGINARY TALE!) was traumatizing.

I vote for Doc Ock. 

I agree. I prefer 3 personally, but believe the wider community rate 14 as the bigger key.

I thought Gobby was pathetic in 14, even as a kid. Rubbish glider too. He didn't come to life until Romita got hold of him. 

I was in a very crammed shop today, no prices on anything as the owner looks each book up on ebay/mcs and then gives you a price, with 20% off of course. In the corner were about 5 slabs and one was a ASM 3 CGC 0.5! He wants $400 for it, or around $400 he said. I may just go get it soon. hm I have to see why it is a 0.5 first!