• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Pooh - Anyone collect them?

8 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

I was looking around eBay and came across the Do You Pooh homage cover books.  I was kind of taken aboack at the pricing on some of them.  Do they have that big a following?  Looks like there is a ton of different covers.  Anyone know if any are sought out?

No, yes.

There are obviously some people that collect them. I have no idea what the guts contain.

It's done by Marat Mychaels, who was in Image at the beginning in Liefeld's Extreme Studio. If I'm not mistaken.

They are typically sold at conventions and he's changed to only doing like 25 of each cover or something similar. So, there is a niche for them and the supply is probably a little under the demand. It's gotten a little out of hand with all the covers now, IMO. To the point where there is now another series called Hardlee Thinn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6s-GrAd5I8

21 hours ago, ygogolak said:

No, yes.

There are obviously some people that collect them. I have no idea what the guts contain.

It's done by Marat Mychaels, who was in Image at the beginning in Liefeld's Extreme Studio. If I'm not mistaken.

They are typically sold at conventions and he's changed to only doing like 25 of each cover or something similar. So, there is a niche for them and the supply is probably a little under the demand. It's gotten a little out of hand with all the covers now, IMO. To the point where there is now another series called Hardlee Thinn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6s-GrAd5I8

Marat is a local guy so I've seen him at every Phoenix CC for years. He's definitely escaped Liefeld's shadow and has a bigger presence at shows the last few years with Pooh and the Zenescope-esc Notti & Nyce. I bought quite a bit of his Deadpool Corps OA back in the day but his creator-owned work doesn't appeal to me. 

Edited by Hekla
spelling

Winnie the Pooh #1 used to be a consistent seller for me in the $20-$25 range for a nice, but less than 9.2. copy. I hit a "honey hole" so to speak of #1s and had (still have) a few. Haven't tried to sell one lately (Actually, have only sold 1 book on ebay in the last year...). Dunno about this stuff.

Edited by the blob