• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Vancouver, March 1-3, 2019
1 1

47 posts in this topic

1st 3 sigs from Art Adams are free. Liam Sharp signing for free. Liam doing pencil head sketches for $100, full body pencil sketch on 11" x 17" bristol board for $200, or $300 if illo is inked. Can you get a discount? Yes, Art Adams, Joyce Chin and Liam Sharp usually charge $20 US for their prints but generously only charged $20 loonies at FEV. Writer Steve Englehart was charging $5 US/sig or 3 comics signed for $20 loonies. More Cdn Comics.net:

KSu1kDO.jpg?1

J. LeBlanc picked up a 10k copy comic collection that he is breaking down at FEV. It included a couple of signed John Byrne DC Generations published OA panel pages plus an unsigned Byrne Generations OA panel page. He sold a signed(?) Byrne Generations OA page with nice Batman panels for $300 loonies.

Lots of young creative independent press in artist alley including Vancouver's uber talented painter/illustrator Camilla de Ricco and many new artists like:

gY2Ombu.jpg

Overall there were fewer vendors than last year. Did not see Big Pete, as he was just vending at last week's PNE Forum con. The Tower of T-shirts appeared to be missing too but we have London Drugs again. This is my summary for greggy, Flatliner1313 and others in the Vancouver, BC area. Have a sunny weekend.

On 2/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, Fan Boy said:

Only if it’s not over $2500 value. And I am staying for 4 days in the U.S. so I am allowed duty free wavier said amount. I have done that before in the past. 

As a fellow Canadian, this is actually one of the things I wonder/worry about. I know if you are in the USA for more than 48 hrs you have an $800 duty free exemption on any goods bought there, but does Canada Customs ever ask for invoices? I'm assuming if you are returning with comics bought at ECCC you have no proof of price paid...

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

As a fellow Canadian, this is actually one of the things I wonder/worry about. I know if you are in the USA for more than 48 hrs you have an $800 duty free exemption on any goods bought there, but does Canada Customs ever ask for invoices? I'm assuming if you are returning with comics bought at ECCC you have no proof of price paid...

Yes, Canada Customs ask for that invoices or bill of sale forms often. Which is why I try to have that documents in hand ready whenever I have comics brought from the U.S.  At ECCC, most comic vendors don’t have receipts to give. Did got a few ones if I asked. But since I have duty free exemption to apply on comics, it helps. 

Edited by Fan Boy

7 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Yes, Canada Customs ask for invoices or bill of sale forms often.   At ECCC, most comic vendors don’t have receipts to give.

If ECCC vendor does not have a receipt book, then I recommend they hand-write a receipt on the back of their business card that has their phone # or email on it.

Did anyone else shop at FEV this weekend? My DD #1 is on hold so sale pending Sunday:

6Da2GUf.jpg

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

6 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

If ECCC vendor does not have a receipt book, then I recommend they hand-write a receipt on the back of their business card that has their phone # or email on it.

Did anyone else shop at FEV this weekend? My DD #1 is on hold so sale pending Sunday:

Yes, had happened few times for me in the past. One time I handed a few business cards with handwritten receipts on back to a Canadian custom official. Gave me the look like he think what was I up to? xD

This is a good looking DD #1 you have there. I presume the buyer is a gentleman dressed snazzy, wearing a sharp beard? Taking a guess... :shy:

12 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

xD

This is a good looking DD #1 you have there. I presume the buyer is a gentleman dressed snazzy, wearing a sharp beard? Taking a guess... :shy:

DD #1 buyer is a relatively younger Asian collector not named greggy.