• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] DD 181 (9.9 highest graded), + Stan SS, Aquaman, AV, BB, Cap Marvel, Superman Record, TTA
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2018 at 4:15 PM, Jim Corrigan said:

Tales to Astonish 59 CGC 9.4 ow-w  $1700 shipped

Key: 1st appearance of the Hulk in TTA and classic battle between the Hulk and Giant-Man

CGC Census: 15 graded in 9.4, 9 books graded higher

The most recent sales of which I am aware, both with lower page quality, are two in 2017: a cream to off-white copy which sold for $1195 and an off-white copy which sold for $1733.  You can look at both of them on Heritage.  In my opinion, the book which sold for $1195 was poorly cut which might account for the lower hammer price.  I see a definite drop from left to right of what should be horizontal.  There may be other sales which weren't reported to GPA of which I'm not aware since some sellers short-sightedly don't share information.  If you know of any, please let me know.

Apparently, this book has not been pressed.  If you inspect along the spine, you'll see several creases which could be pressed out.  Roll the dice and you might come up a winner with a 9.6.  Deep, rich colors.

Thanks for taking a look.

TTA059front300.jpg.b2e8844458d28957d1c398bc78a5104a.jpgTTA059back300.jpg.2a65a57c83ea7123a78a247017065b5d.jpg

😍😍thats a very pretty copy

I think i paid 2400 for my copy. But that was almost 10 years ago when there were only 5 or so 9.4s and a lone 9.6 (pacific coast)

Edited by Green

Everyone loves an auction so, starting around 8pm Eastern, I will have a reverse auction with the Incredible Hulk 180 (9.4) and the Incredible Hulk 182 (9.4) if they haven't both been purchased by then.  Prices will lower approximately every ten minutes.  I think this is in accordance with board rules so someone please let me know before then if it isn't.  Mark your calendars and let's have some fun!  :whee:

1 minute ago, Jim Corrigan said:

Everyone loves an auction so, starting around 8pm Eastern, I will have a reverse auction with the Incredible Hulk 180 (9.4) and the Incredible Hulk 182 (9.4) if they haven't both been purchased by then.  Prices will lower approximately every ten minutes.  I think this is in accordance with board rules so someone please let me know before then if it isn't.  Mark your calendars and let's have some fun!  :whee:

yes, it works within the rules as long as you keep a price on it!