• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Official Holiday Raffle thread!!!
9 9

1,139 posts in this topic

The coven (wifey and 2 daughters) told me the darn tree was straight but it was so crooked, so do it again. Then again the darn thing is off a little. Arrghhh! Now they are complaining but after pinching my finger in the wrench twice whilst tightening it and bleeding into my palm I told them it can be fixed tomorrow. Then it is too heavy for the stand and I had to put three bricks on the stand as well!  Doesn't help that the tree is crooked itself, growing to the sun and all! :sumo:

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

The coven (wifey and 2 daughters) told me the darn tree was straight but it was so crooked, so do it again. Then again the darn thing is off a little. Arrghhh! Now they are complaining but after pinching my finger in the wrench twice whilst tightening it and bleeding into my palm I told them it can be fixed tomorrow. Then it is too heavy for the stand and I had to put three bricks on the stand as well!  Doesn't help that the tree is crooked itself, growing to the sun and all! :sumo:

You must remember to let them look at it and say..... "Ok ...yes.... right there looks good"  before you commit to anything.  That way, they will NEVER COMPLAIN !!  :banana:

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:

You must remember to let them look at it and say..... "Ok ...yes.... right there looks good"  before you commit to anything.  That way, they will NEVER COMPLAIN !!  :banana:

Oh I did. I had all three of them attacking from every angle but... Then they done did it again! Wifey is making that face, so I told her I can do it again tomorrow once I stop sweating and clean my cuts. They done put the mower in the tub big time!!!

37 minutes ago, Bird said:

Christmas is a lot of work.  I even had to break my chainsaw out, because the guy at the tree place took his saw home.  :sumo:

Is it possible to put the deadline for signing up in the title? That might spur some more action (especially among those who might think this is a discussion of something that's either not open to all, or for which the deadline has already passed).

Just a thought.

Honestly? I'd love to get the numbers up... NOT because it makes it that much better for those of us already signed up ... but moreso because I know that people who don't participate are really missing out on a fun event!