• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cal Comic Con 2019 Preview Night - Yorba Linda, CA - Jan 26
3 3

76 posts in this topic

UPDATE: 

We've reached capacity for the venue space! If everyone who RSVP'd shows up, we will have to give priority to those who already RSVP'd if other people arrive. 

If you commented or sent me a DM, then I've got you on the RSVP list. 

With the blessing of @TerrysComics, we're hosting a Cal Comic Con 2019 Preview Night the day before the con at a nearby brewery! Comics and beer, what more do you need? :)

It will be more casual than last year, and more of a buy/sell/trade meetup that's open to everyone. 

When:
Saturday, Jan 26 from 3:00-6:00pm

Where:
Stereo Brewing
950 South Via Rodeo
Placentia, CA 92870

Cost:
Free! 

We rented out the back room of the brewery, where they actually brew the beer! There will be some tables and a few cocktail tables, so there isn't any room for everyone to have a full table setup or racks. First come, first serve on the table space. Please limit yourselves to bringing only 1-2 shortboxes each.

Cheers!

:tink:

previewnight.jpg

44259764_2379181782096361_5596589325832683520_o.jpg

Stereo_Website__0005_1 (1).jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 1.19.41 PM.png

Edited by shortboxed

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, aardvark88 said:

I will try to make it depending on how fast my 'chauffeur' drives from LAX. :tink:

Is original comic art allowed for the Meet Up or is that larger than a small box so frowned upon due to limited :taptaptap: display space?

The bus from the airport leaves at 11:00.

Just over 3 weeks to go for Preview Night and Cal Comic Con! Thanks to everyone who PM'd me their RSVP. Looks like we'll have a good turnout - over 30 RSVPs so far from the boards and Instagram. Some nice books will be showing up!

If you plan to attend, just drop a comment or shoot me a PM so I can attempt to keep an accurate headcount for the brewery.

I'm working on getting a food truck to show up, too :) 

49 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Your enthusiasm is inspiring.

Kinda like how I feel when you choose to go to Whistler....AGAIN

Thanks to everyone that has RSVP'd for Preview Night! So far we've got 40+ RSVPs between the boards and Instagram, so it looks like we'll have a good turnout with some really nice books showing up :D 

We also have a food truck confirmed to be there, so there will be food available to go with your beers. 

There will be limited table space available, which will be first come, first served. Each table space will be either half a 6' table or a single highboy table. Please limit yourselves to max one shortbox each, please. 

See the first post for more details like time, location, etc.