• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cal Comic Con 2019 Preview Night - Yorba Linda, CA - Jan 26
3 3

76 posts in this topic

Here we go! I reached out to a few folks who are attending Preview Night and asked them to share some pics of books they are bringing to sell/trade. This is just a very small sampling - I've chatted with others and it looks like there will be a lot of really nice books in the room. I'll post more in the coming days. Can't wait!

If you'd like to share pics of books you're bringing to Preview Night, please share here in this thread! 

Thanks to everyone who has RSVP'd already. If you haven't yet, just drop a comment or shoot me a DM to let me know you're coming. We've currently got 40+ RSVPs. 

Craft beer, taco truck, comic books...gonna be fun! 

image1.jpeg

IMG_20190117_105941_774.jpg

IMG_20190117_102046.jpg

IMG_20190117_120024_520.jpg

IMG_20190117_105939_564.jpg

18 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

I won't be able to bring any books with me, but I will be bringing my check book and some cash.

Alcohol and food is on me at this shin dig, look forward to seeing you guys there.

JP is going to miss you that weekend and they start to drink early on the West Coast. lol

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

just curious about the difference between this and the actual sunday show. living in los angeles proper, there's no way i could attend both. this sounds like fun too. but i guess the volume of stuff won't compare to sunday?

They are two completely different events. The actual con is on Sunday, and has 40+ dealers with an insane amount of comics in the rooms. 

Preview Night is a purely community-run meetup where collectors bring books they want to sell & trade in a very casual atmosphere. There are no formal booths or dealer setups. 

I think it'd be worth it to attend both, if you can make it work 😁

Here are some more books that are making it to Preview Night! These books aren't mine, but belong to other members of the community who sent me these pics to share on the boards. See earlier post for more books that are showing up. 

Feel free to post any books you're bringing in this thread, too! 

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, drop a comment or shoot me a DM. See first post in thread for event details. 

IMG_20190121_092600.jpg

IMG_20190117_101936_335 (1).jpg

IMG_20190117_101941_991 (1).jpg

IMG_20190117_101932_887 (1).jpg

IMG_20190117_101939_134 (1).jpg

InstaSave (4).jpg

Board member @Foolkiller already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but he has very, very generously offered to pick up the beer & food truck tab at the event!

Hopefully that frees up a few extra bucks to spend on comics :D 

Please be sure to give him a big thank you for this incredible gesture towards the community on Saturday.

Cheers!

:tink: