• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 BOARD SIZE

7 posts in this topic

The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1 #252A
Marvel Comics
In Collection
0*
Homecoming!
May 1984
Comic  Modern Age $0.60
Read It: Yes 32 Pages

Hi. This forum is GREAT! I'm a first time submitter of books to CGC and need help. I need about 100 backer boards.

The last time that I bought a backer board for a comic, they only came in one size (Yes. I'm that old.) 

Amazon has multiple sizes. I've searched here and read until my eyes hurt, but I have not gotten a direct answer. So I'll just start a new thread and ask a direct question.

What size boards should I buy and from what source?

5785f[1].jpg

buy the modern/current sized boards. 

Nothing wrong with acid-free BCW brand, though there are probably better and worse ones that will suffice as well.  I would just buy from Amazon prime and be done with it.  You could shop around and save $2, but the quick free shipping of prime is probably better.  Or you can support your local comic shop, again probably paying an extra $2-3 to support your local businesses, everyone is different.

Also, Hotflips is a board member who has a good reputation and good prices.  You can shop there too.

https://www.hotflips.com/catalog/comic-book-supplies/comic-book-backing-boards

32 minutes ago, revat said:

buy the modern/current sized boards. 

Nothing wrong with acid-free BCW brand, though there are probably better and worse ones that will suffice as well.  I would just buy from Amazon prime and be done with it.  You could shop around and save $2, but the quick free shipping of prime is probably better.  Or you can support your local comic shop, again probably paying an extra $2-3 to support your local businesses, everyone is different.

Also, Hotflips is a board member who has a good reputation and good prices.  You can shop there too

https://www.hotflips.com/catalog/comic-book-supplies/comic-book-backing-boards

Modern/Current sized it is. Also, thank you for the resources.

5785b[1].jpg

17 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

No, it will be too tight a fit, susceptible to damage. Buy the Silver Age size bag and boards. The little extra wiggle room is better.

I agree with this, I always buy silver age bag/boards for the extra wiggle room. Some people prefer a tighter fit which you can get from the modern size. It's all personal preference.