• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Silvestri Wolverine

12 posts in this topic

CAF user Adam Perlman just posted a Silvestri page from Wolverine 48. His asking price is $2000. I would post a link but I hate logging out/in of my CAF.

Just as an aside, in the 5 1/2 years of collecting, I've been on the lookout for a Silvestri Wolverine page from my favorite issue with no dice. Marc's pages from his Wolverine run don't pop up often. When they do, they seem to be from the same issue or cluster of issues. What more, the pickins are slim; it's not always ( or hardly) "A" pages. This is to say good luck and be patient. Personally, I always appreciate it when these WTBs post fruitful results!

4 hours ago, Twanj said:

Yikes. Almost double what it sold for a few months ago.

The price seemed higher than usual. Should've known it was a flip. 

And to @Gungrave1036 Somebody just necro-bumped my 2-year old thread: "Why is it harder to find art from the 90s than it should be?" If you're looking for Marc Silvestri Wolverine art and the likes, it should be required reading :preach:

9 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

The price seemed higher than usual. Should've known it was a flip. 

And to @Gungrave1036 Somebody just necro-bumped my 2-year old thread: "Why is it harder to find art from the 90s than it should be?" If you're looking for Marc Silvestri Wolverine art and the likes, it should be required reading :preach:

Yea, I was reading through that the other day. It’s a shame, but as someone who draws I get the struggle of not wanting to let go of stuff. Just curious what issue are you looking for pages from? My dream page is the Mariko death page where she asks him to end it. Probably never happen tho. 

I saw he posted that page at that mark-up. Bummer. But like you said, slim pickins. 

Appreciate everyones help so far!

8 minutes ago, Gungrave1036 said:

Yea, I was reading through that the other day. It’s a shame, but as someone who draws I get the struggle of not wanting to let go of stuff. Just curious what issue are you looking for pages from? My dream page is the Mariko death page where she asks him to end it. Probably never happen tho. 

I saw he posted that page at that mark-up. Bummer. But like you said, slim pickins. 

Appreciate everyones help so far!

I’m only looking for pages from one issue: Wolverine #43 (early Aug, 1991). But only from the last half of the book. It was a fill-in issue that followed the “Wolverine, I am your father, said Sabretooth” storyline. The first half of #43 really serves as an epilogue to #42, which I’m not really interested in. The last half of the book deals with the cover story featuring a deranged zookeeper named Linus. The issue is actually laid out by Marc, with Dan Green doing the finishes. In theory it should be affordable. 

8 hours ago, artdealer said:

Contact Dan Green. 

He’s on Facebook.

MI

Think I found him. Appreciate it!

10 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I’m only looking for pages from one issue: Wolverine #43 (early Aug, 1991). But only from the last half of the book. It was a fill-in issue that followed the “Wolverine, I am your father, said Sabretooth” storyline. The first half of #43 really serves as an epilogue to #42, which I’m not really interested in. The last half of the book deals with the cover story featuring a deranged zookeeper named Linus. The issue is actually laid out by Marc, with Dan Green doing the finishes. In theory it should be affordable. 

Nice, I remember that. Very cool little story. I wish you luck! 

Edited by Gungrave1036
Found the info I needed