• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic & Toy Show Sunday Feb. 24, 2019 * P.N.E. Forum* BC, Canada
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, aardvark88 said:

That collector who had his storage unit robbed of all his comics also spoke to me, and the Brothers that promoted the PNE forum con. I don't think he had a specific list of the many long boxes of comics stolen though.

Yes, I heard him telling a dealer that they should be removing some of the books from his display table as he was convinced they were his stolen copies.

The dealer did not remove the books, but did asked him to contact the police to report the books since he had an opened file case on the stolen books.  I believe the ones he pointed out were Fine to VF copies of SA Green Lantern's in the 30's and 40's.  Looks like they were all still there when I left later that afternoon as I guess the dealer did not have much luck selling them.  

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I heard him telling a dealer that they should be removing some of the books from his display table as he was convinced they were his stolen copies.

The dealer did not remove the books, but did asked him to contact the police to report the books since he had an opened file case on the stolen books.  I believe the ones he pointed out were Fine to VF copies of SA Green Lantern's in the 30's and 40's.  Looks like they were all still there when I left.

Was this a warehouse dealer from north Langley? He picked up that collection of SA GL's and mixed copper, modern long boxes about 6 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:
18 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The dealer did not remove the books, but did asked him to contact the police to report the books since he had an opened file case on the stolen books.  I believe the ones he pointed out were Fine to VF copies of SA Green Lantern's in the 30's and 40's.  Looks like they were all still there when I left.

Was this a warehouse dealer from north Langley? He picked up that collection of SA GL's and mixed copper, modern long boxes about 6 weeks ago.

Not sure as he was on the opposite wall down near the end from where your table was.

If I remember correctly, he had glasses and was wearing some kind of red t-shirt. (shrug)

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure as he was on the opposite wall down near the end from where your table was.

If I remember correctly, he had glasses and was wearing some kind of red t-shirt. (shrug)

This was the red t-shirt dealer next to my table. I saw the whole thing unfolded when this collector come with police, seemly the collector had took one book from the dealer but one of the police officers returned it back to the dealer. 

Through interpreper as what I understood. The collector was saying many of mid-high DC (Green Lantern, Superman etc) books under glass case were supposedly his books stolen before. But the way the collector rambled on, the police cannot do anything but took down details on the report. The collector did have a copy of report where he had reported his comics stolen before. 

I had a chat with the dealer for awhile. He said the collector was quite upset, but having no proof of how the books can be his ... thus the police officers had a hard time to figure out. The dealer did told me he brought these books as part of the collection that come to him to sell about 2 months ago. 

I said to him, that the collector should had taken photos... lots of that, all the paperwork with titles,numbers, grades and all the defects whatever each book might have. Even insurance coverage.  The collector had none of that. Felt sorry for this fellow... :p

By the way, just got email from the organizer that he said the attendance numbers were smashed by a new record from this show. :golfclap: