• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Probation worthy?
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, thewritestuff said:

I appreciate the inquiries, but my motive for posting this thread is to get this guy to stop this practice. Who knows, maybe he has already seen this? Hopefully that would be enough to do the trick. Anyway, I pulled my listings until after the holidays. If he attempts the same stunt when I re-list, I will follow up with his name and info here. 

Sorry for my thickness but how would this get someone to stop if you don't notify him of posting this?  He may or may NOT have seen this and thus far, we have you saying what he has allegedly done.  To be fair, it is always best to give the accused a chance to state their side. 

I admit I am curious too but would hate to be given a name and based on one party sharing their side, automatically put him on a personal probation list. 

You started this thread by asking if what he has allegedly done is probationary worthy - one requirement is to notify the other party and you last post moves off of this at least for the time being.  Again, a thread where the accused may or may not have seen it and can remain in the shadows doesn't prove that effective to me if the intent is to have the other cease what you say they are doing. 

With that said, I do hope you do have success now with your Craigslist listings and remember, you could always sell here.  The boards are a great place and the marketplace is both free and generally successful.

5 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Why not sell here? 

Yup, and in your rules, say that person is blocked from buying due to a history of bad practices.  You get to out him, and you also get increased traffic to your thread! :idea:

... just dont post it on a Friday.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, Callaway29 said:

I must have missed how you correlated the CL ID to a handle on this forum. How do you know the alleged perp is active on these boards?

Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Also if hes selling books and someones wants you to call them i would think it’s because he wants to buy them, or did i miss something there.

This was a bust of a thread.  I posted earlier basically what was the point of this without notifying the other party to comment here.  Not sure how or if there anything happened and if it did, the alleged trouble-maker was even a board member.  Why would posting here make someone stop when they can stay anonymous?  

On 12/23/2018 at 6:50 PM, Callaway29 said:

I must have missed how you correlated the CL ID to a handle on this forum. How do you know the alleged perp is active on these boards?

The simple answer is that the fellow contacted me on these boards for a different reason. I recognized the area code on his telephone number, so I did a quick Google search and verified it was the same guy from CL

15 hours ago, telerites said:

This was a bust of a thread.  I posted earlier basically what was the point of this without notifying the other party to comment here.  Not sure how or if there anything happened and if it did, the alleged trouble-maker was even a board member.  Why would posting here make someone stop when they can stay anonymous?  

Sorry you feel it was a bust. I posted the thread out of my personal frustration, not for your entertainment. 

As I mentioned previously, I called the guy out directly and he then left my ad alone (so far... I just reposted it since I was busy prepping for the holidays).

Looking for advice on what to do in case his shenanigans continue: That was the point of this thread.

I know he is a member here since his name and number match that of a member who contacted me for an unrelated matter. 

If he doesn’t mess with my ad, then as far as I’m concerned there’s no need to perpetuate the drama further by posting his information here. 

If he does start up again, then I will let him know about this thread and hopefully that’ll do the trick.

Edited by thewritestuff

5 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

Sorry you feel it was a bust. I posted the thread out of my personal frustration, not for your entertainment. 

As I mentioned previously, I called the guy out directly and he then left my ad alone (so far... I just reposted it since I was busy prepping for the holidays).

Looking for advice on what to do in case his shenanigans continue: That was the point of this thread.

I know he is a member here since his name and number match that of a member who contacted me for an unrelated matter. 

If he doesn’t mess with my ad, then as far as I’m concerned there’s no need to perpetuate the drama further by posting his information here. 

If he does start up again, then I will let him know about this thread and hopefully that’ll do the trick.

I never said nor looked for entertainment and please do not put words in my post that are not there nor intended.  In my first post, I stated, " I do hope you do have success now with your Craigslist listings and remember, you could always sell here.  The boards are a great place and the marketplace is both free and generally successful."

I do think it is fair to the alleged party to have an opportunity to state their scope of the issue if they wish.  That in no way diminishes your concerns nor does t imply you are misrepresenting anything but by just starting a thread hoping that it may deter the other party, why would they comment when they can remain anonymous.  It sounds like they are being a spoon.   Plus one of the requirements for PL is to let the other party know.  You seem to be looking for advice and perhaps the Probation Discussions thread may have been a better placce for your comments since you didn't seem to pursue a nomination but rather were seeking advice.

I still think you may want to try to sell here.  I know Craigslist has no fees but no fees here either plus you directly reach a comic audience.  It is painless and if it does not work, no loss other that some time but you seem to already have pics and descriptions since you have listed on CL. 

I am not being critical of you personally but the effort you went about to deter the other seller seems feeble and at least, in my opinion will not achieve the results you hope or be limited at best.  But regardless, like I stated earlier, I wish you well and do hope you have success in whatever venue you post and sell.

Happy New Year!

16 hours ago, telerites said:
22 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

I never said nor looked for entertainment and please do not put words in my post that are not there nor intended.  In my first post, I stated, " I do hope you do have success now with your Craigslist listings and remember, you could always sell here.  The boards are a great place and the marketplace is both free and generally successful."

I do think it is fair to the alleged party to have an opportunity to state their scope of the issue if they wish.  That in no way diminishes your concerns nor does t imply you are misrepresenting anything but by just starting a thread hoping that it may deter the other party, why would they comment when they can remain anonymous.  It sounds like they are being a spoon.   Plus one of the requirements for PL is to let the other party know.  You seem to be looking for advice and perhaps the Probation Discussions thread may have been a better placce for your comments since you didn't seem to pursue a nomination but rather were seeking advice.

I still think you may want to try to sell here.  I know Craigslist has no fees but no fees here either plus you directly reach a comic audience.  It is painless and if it does not work, no loss other that some time but you seem to already have pics and descriptions since you have listed on CL. 

I am not being critical of you personally but the effort you went about to deter the other seller seems feeble and at least, in my opinion will not achieve the results you hope or be limited at best.  But regardless, like I stated earlier, I wish you well and do hope you have success in whatever venue you post and sell.

Happy New Year!

…. you also forgot to add another advantage to selling here.... transactions in our Forum rarely end in stick-ups, shootings, stabbings, or being dismembered and tossed in a dumpster somewhere …. which I always considered to be a plus. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

26 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

…. you also forgot to add another advantage to selling here.... transactions in our Forum rarely end in stick-ups, shootings, stabbings, or being dismembered and tossed in a dumpster somewhere …. which I always considered to be a plus. GOD BLESS....

For those that like to indulge, we do have Phil's parking lot.  :cloud9:

52 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Except, maybe in Phil's Parking Lot:acclaim:

Good Golly, MIke @comicdonna beat me to it and I missed it.  Great minds and all...

Edited by telerites