• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerber Photo-Journal Guide to Comics GA and Marvel Volumes
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2019 at 7:40 AM, 90sChild said:

How does one acquire a set of all the stickers provided to fill any missing pictures? I think I read something about that on here years ago.  I'm guessing it is a long shot at this point, if the publisher still even exists or supports these books.

Some stickers were printed in issues of Comic Book Marketplace (Man, that was an awesome magazine! I miss it!). Off hand, I don't recall a single set of all stickers. I don't think it would be too difficult to make - just pull images from comics.org

Hmmm.... Maybe I should do that!

3 minutes ago, rtsunlimited said:

Some stickers were printed in issues of Comic Book Marketplace (Man, that was an awesome magazine! I miss it!). Off hand, I don't recall a single set of all stickers. I don't think it would be too difficult to make - just pull images from comics.org

Hmmm.... Maybe I should do that!

Good idea, should not be difficult with all the images online.  I wonder how many are missing.

23 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Good idea, should not be difficult with all the images online.  I wonder how many are missing.

As to how many are missing - it depends on how you count them. There are roughly 88 White Spaces. Most are for a single issue. However, some White Spaces reference more than a couple books (e.g. there's just a single White Space for Jeanie #s 21-27). Then there are some series where there's no White Space but not all issues are shown - this is especially true for some genres like funny animal and romance. Finally, there are some White Spaces for some issues that the hobby is pretty sure don't exist (e.g. Animal Crackers #2). IIRC, Overstreet put a few issues he knew didn't exist into the Overstreet Price Guide to help catch plagiarism.

Hope that helps!