• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales 89

22 posts in this topic

Short version: Strange Tales 89--buy, sell or hold?

I've a copy I got many years ago and it's just sitting there.  I don't have any real connection to the book so getting rid of it wouldn't hurt.  I read there was some chat of a movie with FFF but don't know if that's real.  Of course, if there was a movie, it's logical the book would heat up but not sure if that's enough of a reason to hold it.

Buy, sell, hold?

The price of #89 has gone up nicely in the last couple of years, personally I don't see much reason for

it to keep going up. If you want to sell, it might be a good time. On the other hand, it's a classic and they

are always (or at least should be) hard to let go of. Good luck with your choice.

2 hours ago, Rosland said:

The price of #89 has gone up nicely in the last couple of years, personally I don't see much reason for

it to keep going up. If you want to sell, it might be a good time. On the other hand, it's a classic and they

are always (or at least should be) hard to let go of. Good luck with your choice.

I agree. If you love it, and can afford it, keep it. If you need the cash, and bought it for financial reasons, now could be a good time to sell.

Rosland, I'm intrigued. What is that in your avatar picture? 

I was thinking about it running up for a bit which is why I thought it might be something to consider letting go.  I may just put it on an auction site with a very hefty price and see what happens.  (Although, there are at least 2 5.5s listed at ~$1,900 already.) 

Fortunately, I'm not in a position where I need to sell.

Edited by Dave Dean

On 12/10/2018 at 7:49 PM, Dave Dean said:

I was thinking about it running up for a bit which is why I thought it might be something to consider letting go.  I may just put it on an auction site with a very hefty price and see what happens.  (Although, there are at least 2 5.5s listed at ~$1,900 already.) 

Fortunately, I'm not in a position where I need to sell.

Where are the two 5.5’s listed at around $1900 each? That’s way lower than anything on eBay currently.

58 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

doh! The thread got bumped, and I didn’t bother to look up to see that it was old. Anyway, soon as he answers me, I’m firing up my time machine :banana:

No judgement here, I had a full response crafter before I noticed...

ST89 is a surprisingly tough book, relatively speaking, and very desirable.

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:

No judgement here, I had a full response crafter before I noticed...

ST89 is a surprisingly tough book, relatively speaking, and very desirable.

All good!

It is a tough book; I found an LCS with a beater 1.5 a few months back and surprised myself with how quickly I jumped on it. That is to say, my “Good golly I never see this!” reaction was pretty strong!

Don't know much about this character, and curious what is the strong attraction regarding this pre-hero monster?  Is there something that separates it from the other various monsters that were being introduced at this time?  Very cool looking cover though, looks like it's gotta be a Kirby creation!! (thumbsu