• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay seller fees

63 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I guess I should've read through the thread 😁

you were on the right track tho.  And yes I got a fiver for my ASM 129.

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

That thread was epic. The sale, not so much 

I got a lot of heat back then.  People picked apart my every statement.  I got the full noob treatment.  From the same guys that rush to 'defend' noobs now like Park.

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You handled them all tho. 

That must have been a lot of work....,

Butt-head Beavis facial expression cartoon head hairstyle male human behavior forehead

33 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You handled them all tho. That was a remarkable first appearance!!

I really did.  I dont think I've seen a noob since that got attacked so ferociously that just kept battling, and never went away.  Usually they go away or get banned.  Stu even made a shill account defending me and the mods bought it hook line and sinker that I did the shill account and I got a 2 week vacation.  I was accused of being Cal, that SAMCRO guy and TinyNascar.  You cant stop Kav though, you just cant.

Edited by kav

4 minutes ago, kav said:
  7 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You handled them all tho. That was a remarkable first appearance!!

ps I believe that first app is collectible too.  NOT a cameo.

4 hours ago, kav said:

I really did.  I dont think I've seen a noob since that got attacked so ferociously that just kept battling, and never went away.  Usually they go away or get banned.  Stu even made a shill account defending me and the mods bought it hook line and sinker that I did the shill account and I got a 2 week vacation.  I was accused of being Cal, that SAMCRO guy and TinyNascar.  You cant stop Kav though, you just cant.

Thank god no one figured out yet kav is my shill account 

Is E-Bay perfect - not even close.  But if you look at fees you really can't beat it from a sellers standpoint.  Even big sellers like Mycomicshop use e-bay to sell books and find customers.  Amazon has worked out well selling sets but they take a much larger fee percentage compared to E-Bay and I'd not want to put together a full store on Amazon of cheaper books.  12% fees to bring in a ton of customers and give me my money hassle free is well worth it.

17 hours ago, kav said:

But see:  Uchicha101

10 minutes ago, uchiha101 said:
12 minutes ago, KPR Comics said:

Wasn't suggesting you were, Gabe.  My point was you were harassed mightily, yet you hung in there.

Of course. It's nice to see you again KPR 

Apparently, you weren't harassed enough...., hm

2 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

Wasn't suggesting you were, Gabe.  My point was you were harassed mightily, yet you hung in there.

Gabe is a victim of my least favorite pet peeve...treating other people's feelings like you playground. It gets disgusting frankly.

My least hated favorite fish would be sole...that way you don't have to see the eyes. Sole has no eyes. (Roger waters anyone?)

5 hours ago, Bird said:

Gabe is a victim of my least favorite pet peeve...treating other people's feelings like you playground. It gets disgusting frankly.

My least hated favorite fish would be sole...that way you don't have to see the eyes. Sole has no eyes. (Roger waters anyone?)

Marmalade, I like marmalade.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:03 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Do they still charge 10% on postage too? That used to annoy me. 

eBay initially did take a % on the postage, but that was years ago.  They said it was changed because a few sellers were avoiding the selling fees by manipulating postage fees.

For example if someone sold a $90 book with $10 postage, eBay would get $9. People were basically reversing that selling that same book for say $30 and charging $70 postage and eBay got only $3. That may be an extreme example, but it was happening so eBay started taking their % on postage.

Edited by drotto