• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay seller fees

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, drotto said:
On 12/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Do they still charge 10% on postage too? That used to annoy me. 

eBay initially did take a % on the postage, but that was years ago.  They said it was changed because a few sellers were avoiding the selling fees by manipulating postage fees.

For example if someone sold a $90 book with $10 postage, eBay would get $9. People were basically reversing that selling that same book for say $30 and charging $70 postage and eBay got only $3. That may be an extreme example, but it was happening so eBay started taking their % on postage.

I see. We all suffer due to a few manipulating the process - usual drill!

Here's a questionable design aspect. I received a comic today in a flimsy ebay marked envelope. It was a miracle it wasn't destroyed - just the comic loose in a lightweight bubble envelope with no padding or card support. When I go to give feedback, and plan on leaving fewer stars under the postage element, I'm not offered the option!

So presumably, 'ebay packaging' is guaranteed somehow and can't be questioned? It says "The seller received automatic 5-star ratings for other aspects of this transaction"

So a seller can charge full postage prices, use sub-standard materials, and because they have the ebay label on them they're fine and I can't rate them!

ebuzz.thumb.PNG.7d739fdf477b9ae01d72b4019f43345f.PNG

Barmy...

Edited by Get Marwood & I
The Wisdom of Crocodiles

12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I see. We all suffer due to a few manipulating the process - usual drill!

Here's a questionable design aspect. I received a comic today in a flimsy ebay marked envelope. It was a miracle it wasn't destroyed - just the comic loose in a lightweight bubble envelope with no padding or card support. When I go to give feedback, and plan on leaving fewer stars under the postage element, I'm not offered the option!

So presumably, 'ebay packaging' is guaranteed somehow and can't be questioned? It says "The seller received automatic 5-star ratings for other aspects of this transaction"

So a seller can charge full postage prices, use sub-standard materials, and because they have the ebay label on them they're fine and I can't rate them!

Barmy...

Yes, but you can explain in your feedback.  I rarely use the star system anyway, if i was to have an issue I would squeeze it into the text box.