• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I the only one

24 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, GermanFan said:

who starts crying every time I see a book going for multiples today in comparison to a couple of years ago when I sold it for a song.

Nope.

A couple of examples from me:

Chamber of Chills 23. I sold it for $400 in 2013 and last week I saw my exact copy sell for $2500.00 on Ebay. The person I sold the book to was a zero feedback seller on Ebay as well.

Detective Comics 69. I sold a VG copy here on the boards for a few hundred bucks 5 years ago, now it is probably a 5K book :cry:

1 hour ago, GermanFan said:

who starts crying every time I see a book going for multiples today in comparison to a couple of years ago when I sold it for a song.

I'm on the opposite end - I start crying every time I spend a fortune on a book that sold for pennies a couple years ago. :(

But then I collect my wits and do it all over again. (:

5 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I'm on the opposite end - I start crying every time I spend a fortune on a book that sold for pennies a couple years ago. :(

But then I collect my wits and do it all over again. (:

That is called punishment lol

5 hours ago, D84 said:

My only regret is selling books that I can't afford to rebuy.

Was just going to say this. 

Im fine with the books I sold that are now worth 4-5x more and I cant afford them. 

Im NOT fine with the books that I sold that are now worth 4-5x that I cant afford AND WANT TO REBUY!

Seriously, Im never gonna own a mid-grade Strange Worlds 4, and I regret selling my 6.5 every day. And dont even get me started on my 7.5 Captain Science....

I also sold a VFN AF15, given to me by my brother, for seventy quid to buy clothes when I was 16. 

It doesn't matter though, you get the rate when you sell. Every dealer we know has sold multiple keys down down the years. Had they kept them all they'd be millionaires. I have another AF15 now.  If I sell it now, in 20 years time someone will say I was a wally and should have waited. On that logic, you'd never sell anything ever. 

You get what you get at the time that you sell. They go up,  they go down. Try not to give a darn, if you can. 

OTOH...

Who among you gloats when you see a book sell for significantly less than you sold it for in the past? Do you dance around and say things like "Booyah! In your FACE!"?

4 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm still crying for swapping NM 98 for SleepWalker 1 to a friend of mine when we were teens 

Oh well such is life

Just wait for the SleepWalker film to come out...