• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War is H E Double Hockey Sticks!!! Gold and Silver war books, some keys and key covers!
3 3

28 posts in this topic

Ok, first the preliminaries - we will follow the Geneva Conventions for all belligerents. 

No HOS or problem children. 

First :takeit:in the thread wins, trumps PMs or conditional takes. 

This is a very long thread for me so it will roll out slowly (That doesn't mean you should pay slowly). I will try to list as much as I can, and feel free to PM to see what else is coming. Silver is almost exclusively DC titles, but the Gold is a wide variety of publishers. 

Feel free to make offers, package deals are always appreciated (and more likely to be accepted).

I accept PayPal, money order or personal check (must clear in the bank before the book is sent out). Payment can be as soon as you are done or I will send out an invoice/PM with the final amount. Please pay within 2 days unless discussed.

Shipping for up to 4 books is $4. I am listing a few groups of comics and any above 4 books I will try to have a shipping price in the listing. Canada is cost, overseas discuss before you take (can be worked out).

Any racist content is purely the fault of the original publishers and I do not condone nor promote racism, but the covers do give interesting insight into the period and what was going on at the time.

Thanks for looking, and enjoy!!!

hmmm, lets start with a group of Golden oddies  . . . 

Battle Stories 3-6, Fawcett war books from 1952. No relevant GPA data, going to ask $80 for the group (shipped price).

3 would have been a solid 5.5 but for the chunk out of the top left. 
4 is a solid 4.5
5 is 6.0-6.5 range
6 is also 6.0-6.5 range.

Comic725.jpg

Comic726.jpg

Comic727.jpg

Comic728.jpg

Comic729.jpg

Comic730.jpg

Comic731.jpg

Comic732.jpg

I'll jump to Silver Age for a DC Our Army at War 7 book lot.

Issues 169, 170, 185, 198, 199, 200 and 207. I'd put them all at about 5.0 or maybe even 5.5 - they're glossy and supple, but just a little too much reading creasing/stress marks along the spine/left cover area for me to go higher.

asking $100 shipped.

20181210_193410.jpg

War Heroes 3 and 6, both decent low grade copies. Some of the edges (lower right, see scans) are brittle, but the rest of the book doesn't seem brittle (I bent pages, and they didn't break, so that's my methodology). 

3 has a great pro-Soviet back cover image! 

$50 for the pair.

Comic783.jpg

Comic784.jpg

Comic787.jpg

Comic788.jpg